Arsenal (a) pre-match thread (Game given go ahead 1350hrs)

Arsenal v City prediction

• Win

Votes: 273 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 86 22.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 27 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
352 is a too risky for me in this game. Looks like originally Stones was going to come on for Fern before Pep changed his mind and I think that could be a solution. Can see this also helping John kick start his form.

——————————Ederson—————————
—Walker——Otamendi—-Laporte——Danilo—
—————————-Stones—————————-
————De bruyne———-D.Silva———————-
-Bernardo————Aguero————-Sane——-

Would love to see Sterling fit but think it’s unlikely.

That's just a 352.

Stones isn't going to become a box to box midfielder like Fernandinho overnight, it's not FIFA, if you put him there, he'll just drop back between Otamendi and Laporte.

Also there's no risk in this game. We're 13 points ahead in the league before kick off. We just won our first trophy of the year. Where's the risk??? This is as risk free as competitive games come.

That's just a 352.

Stones isn't going to become a box to box midfielder like Fernandinho overnight, it's not FIFA, if you put him there, he'll just drop back between Otamendi and Laporte.

Also there's no risk in this game. We're 13 points ahead in the league before kick off. We just won our first trophy of the year. Where's the risk??? This is as risk free as competitive games come.

So while the team is getting forward Stones will sit back. I don’t think so.

So while the team is getting forward Stones will sit back. I don’t think so.

Yes, because Stones isn't going to magically develop the skills to be an effective midfielder in the opposition third by Thursday.

That should be basic common sense.

Yes, because Stones isn't going to magically develop the skills to be an effective midfielder in the opposition third by Thursday.

That should be basic common sense.

Sorry I forgot you’re the genius here that knows everything.

Sorry I forgot you’re the genius here that knows everything.

You don't need to be a genius to know John Stones isn't going to become Fernandinho and learn all the skills of a midfielder in the final third and how to balance that with defensive duties by Thursday, playing his first ever game in midfield for us.

You don't need to be a genius to know John Stones isn't going to become Fernandinho and learn all the skills of a midfielder in the final third and how to balance that with defensive duties by Thursday, playing his first ever game in midfield for us.

Don’t except him to do that. Just to get forward more often than he usually does. Fern is constantly there. If Stones plays I would expect him to be there sometimes and to be more ambitious than he usually is given he would have Laporte and Otamendi behind him.

If he goes for 352 I would expect to see Aguero and Jesus start as well and I can’t see that happening.

Don’t except him to do that. Just to get forward more often than he usually does. Fern is constantly there. If Stones plays I would expect him to be there sometimes and to be more ambitious than he usually is given he would have Laporte and Otamendi behind him.

If he goes for 352 I would expect to see Aguero and Jesus start as well and I can’t see that happening.

So like I said 5 posts ago...if you put Stones there it will just turn into a back 3 when he does what every defender asked to play CM does, and drops between the CBs. He's even the least adventurous of the centre-backs, not to mention horribly out of form and lacking confidence. It's compeltely unrealistic to expect anything else.

Last edited:
So like I said 5 posts ago...if you put Stones there it will just turn into a back 3 when he does what every defender asked to play CM does, and drops between the CBs. He's even the least adventurous of the centre-backs, not to mention horribly out of form and lacking confidence. It's compeltely unrealistic to expect anything else.

I wouldn't mind us trying a three on Thursday though. As you say it's risk free due to our advantage anyways. With the Dinho injury having the extra CB might make us much more solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.