Arsenal (A) - Wed 15th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Pep wasn’t having a dig at Gerrard per se. He was using the matter to stress how we get blamed for everything - sarcastically suggesting that surely we were responsible for Gerard’s slip as well as everything else. But the irony has been lost & he is clarifying that he was not trying to belittle Gerrard.
This point will be lost in the gleeful reporting!!
Spot on. What a snowflake society we live in when an apology has to be made for something like that. Clearly sarcastic, in context and aimed at the media, not Gerrard. Anyone who didn't get it needs serious counselling IMHO. I bet Pep was giving that apology through gritted teeth.

Spot on. What a snowflake society we live in when an apology has to be made for something like that. Clearly sarcastic, in context and aimed at the media, not Gerrard. Anyone who didn't get it needs serious counselling IMHO. I bet Pep was giving that apology through gritted teeth.
I’ve never known the dippers apologise for anything EVER

Actually, Pep wasn’t having a dig at Gerrard per se. He was using the matter to stress how we get blamed for everything - sarcastically suggesting that surely we were responsible for Gerard’s slip as well as everything else. But the irony has been lost & he is clarifying that he was not trying to belittle Gerrard.
This point will be lost in the gleeful reporting!!

That's right, but I honestly don't think it cost Pep anything to apologise about a misunderstanding. He respects Gerrard.

Don't think it was forced from him. More likely he just regretted being sarcastic about a fellow footballer he respects.

(Plenty of other stuff about L'pool and its football club he could have targeted that would have caused a bigger upset.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.