Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

No urgency. Liverpool can afford to lose a game now and ahead on goal difference still. Don’t understand why we didn’t play this like it was a massive game

They can draw 2 and we win all ours and we win it.

Yes. Perspective is always needed. Unfortunately the Arse are still in the CL, otherwise we would walk it.
We were always going to suffer Gundog’s loss and we have not really adequately replaced him and the others that left. They will try to put that right in the summer. I would like to see a winger with the pace and the courage to attack down the line and cross to Haaland. Judging by Pep’s gestures to Jack at the end, maybe those were the instructions. I have always felt that you must try to outflank a packed defence, thus turning them.
That's haaland with 4 headed goals ,what's the point of crossing to him? His greatest asset is his pace and strength but we constantly fail to utilise them for some reason.

That's haaland with 4 headed goals ,what's the point of crossing to him? His greatest asset is his pace and strength but we constantly fail to utilise them for some reason.
Crossing doesn’t mean just for headers and may well take advantage of Haaland’s pace and strength if he came from a bit deeper. There are other players in there too. Also you need variety which we just don’t have at present-- the point of attack is always in the same area, inevitable if wide players always come inside.

How do you utilize this when almost every single team, similar to Arsenal yesterday, concedes possession to under 30% and place two CBs, in case of Arsenal probably the best pairing in the league, on him. You can plant a huge oak tree in the opposition box and hope for it to score.

I also think teams dont defend with all 11 on the edge of their box against liverpool.
It only seems to be us that encounter this week in week out.
Liverpool seem to more room to run into, we dont.
Liverpool play a far more direct, attacking (and dare I say more entertaining) type of football than we do. This opens teams up. We play a very predictable (but highly successful) possession based game, that not only encourages, but forces teams to get 10 men behind the ball and defend deep. Chalk and cheese.

I also think teams dont defend with all 11 on the edge of their box against liverpool.
It only seems to be us that encounter this week in week out.
Liverpool seem to more room to run into, we dont.

I don’t watch other teams a lot but I do get the impression that teams use a massive low block against us far more than they do against other teams.

Might be that other teams don’t force teams back the way we do and that they also try to play on the counter more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.