Arsenal (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This run of games will be good for team rhythm. A shame international break returns in about 20 days again, hope it's all good and manageable.

KDB out can't be bad, it will probably allow Pep to have a workhorse midfield out there, as in team working a bit harder to compensate for him missing.

Expected XI:

Ederson

Walker Dias Laporte Mendy

Rodri Gündogan Bernardo

Mahrez Sterling Foden

Aguero probably off the bench for minutes.

I just hope we see Bernardo, Torres & Foden ahead of the fancy dan Mahrez - we need every player to be on it today, no room for complacency - we must to win this game and for that reason I'd risk starting Sergio and take him off after 60 mins.

Well no kev so this is the test. Question marks all over the team for me. Think we're likely to need Laporte, Ruben and Ederson to put in big performances to get anything out of this

Well, if we can stop the ball through, or the chip over, our high line, we will be just fine.

Question is, as always, will we learn from our previous mistakes against this team?

Their own back 3/5 is pretty shit, but if we dawdle getting forward, it’ll be protected by a bank of 4 in front of it!

Consider me crazy, but I might start Delap with two wingers and give Sergio 30 mins in the second half. Luiz doesn’t like playing against a big lad and tends to over-manhandle when faced with one. Then again, Sterling has done well against him, too.

If Sergio has 60 mins in him, he starts, but if not...maybe spring a surprise?!

We’ve won our last six league games against Arsenal, with an aggregate score of 17-2. Granted they’re much improved under Arteta, but you’d still have to fancy our chances, especially at home. De Bruyne is a huge miss, of course, but there’s plenty of others who can step up.

It’s really shit how that match day feeling has just completely gone these days. Got a bad feeling about today’s game but hope I’m wrong.
Ederson Cancelo Dias Laporte Ake; Fernandinho, Bernardo Gundogan, Sterling Mahrez Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.