Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have taken 7/9 against us and the dippers so far. We haven’t won once against top 5 sides. I’d say this game is maybe 60/40 this season as we are at home but they are capable.
The Bookies indicate a 58% probability of City winning, 16% Arsenal and 26% draw.

I'd bite your hands off if we could take a draw back to London.

Talk of City thrashing Arsenal is wide of the mark (I've seen some posts saying 3-0, 4-1 etc). If City have beaten Rags 3-1 and Barcodes 2-0 in recent weeks then where is the uplift on those matches coming from that warrants City beating Arsenal by even more?

In my opinion it will be a very tactical, often cagey match with the midfield battle key. Rodri will be vital for City and I reckon the score will be something like 2-1 City or 1-1. Something like that. I just can't see where an absolute hammering comes from based on the evidence so far this season (unless there's a red card etc).

Difficult game, Arsenal are a bloody good side.
Hopefully no injuries during the internationals break.
Must win, 3-2 City

I just can't see where an absolute hammering comes from based on the evidence so far this season (unless there's a red card etc).

I think it will be a close game but an absolute hammering can happen between relatively equal teams due to the nature of football. City could score 4 goals with 5 shots, and Arsenal might fail to score from 15 shots. Such things can happen in football.

Also, if you can lose 1:0 from Porto, you can lose 3:0 from City. Porto are levels below City quality wise.

Just to put this into context Arsenal had 3 weeks off after Xmas and have won every league match since, scoring a barrel load of goals.

The break helped them build momentum after they lost 2 matches in a row. They won't be spending the time off watching Netflix.
Break came at right time then now you could argue it will have a negative impact and act as a momentum breaker. Importantly most of them will be away from base which i assume was not the case in the post Christmas period. On balance I am inclined to think that the timing of this fixture very much suits us.

Just to put this into context Arsenal had 3 weeks off after Xmas and have won every league match since, scoring a barrel load of goals.

The break helped them build momentum after they lost 2 matches in a row. They won't be spending the time off watching Netflix.
I'm living in hope - don't spoil it for me!
This time, you're at the pressure end of the season - and playing City.

Break came at right time then now you could argue it will have a negative impact and act as a momentum breaker. Importantly most of them will be away from base which i assume was not the case in the post Christmas period. On balance I am inclined to think that the timing of this fixture very much suits us.
Half of Arsenal's games post Xmas were away (1-2 vs Forest, 0-6 at Hammers, 0-5 at Burnley, 0-6 at Sheff Utd with 5-0 at home vs Palace, 3-1 vs Dippers, 4-1 vs Barcodes and 2-1 vs Brentford).

Don't get me wrong the most likely result is a City win and as I pointed out earlier I'd be absolutely over the moon with a point but City will need to play well to win and if they bring their A game they will, anything below that though and it's a risk.

Arsenal also have to go to Spurs and Rags so in reality our run in is harder as psychologically those games are a nightmare for us. Spurs are going for Top 4 and absolutely hate Arsenal and Rags to Arsenal is what Dippers are to City - we usually absolutely shit the bed at their place. And of course City at the Etihad is the toughest game of the whole season.

Anyway if you beat us then you absolutely must win the league, no way must the Dippers be allowed to win it. Dippers have a pretty easy next 4 matches.

I think it will be a close game but an absolute hammering can happen between relatively equal teams due to the nature of football. City could score 4 goals with 5 shots, and Arsenal might fail to score from 15 shots. Such things can happen in football.

Also, if you can lose 1:0 from Porto, you can lose 3:0 from City. Porto are levels below City quality wise.
Could do but the likelihood is if City score first Pep isn't going to tell City to go gung ho and press for more as he knows Arsenal have threat on the break, he's more likely to want to control the midfield and keep it tighter, maybe bring Kovacic on to shore it up against Rice. If that happens (worst scenario for Arsenal is City get the 1st goal) then Arsenal can't do what most other PL teams do and be happy with keeping it tight and hope for a Hail Mary on the break as they know they are fucked if they lose so they'll gamble and go more attacking and that's where a bigger win could come from as City get Arsenal on the break.

First goal is so pivotal in this match - once again a draw would be awesome for us, logically City will win this one if they bring their A game as City's peak level is still higher than Arsenal's. Arsenal need the 1st goal to get anything from this match and I reckon Arsenal might go hard at City from kick off just like Arsenal did at the Dippers in order to try and get the 1st goal and then try and catch City on the break as City push forward. If the City that murdered Madrid 4-0 turn up then forget it. If the City that beat Inter 1-0 turn up then Arsenal have a chance. In many ways the result is up to City as if they play to their maximum then they are going to win regardless of what Arsenal do, we won't be able to keep a peak City out for 96 minutes.

Last edited:
No injuries in pointless England games
Pep plays the right team
We win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.