Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let me put it a bit of a different way then from someone who was there that night then, to enable a perspective from a City fan

The apprehension was there for all to see, we was up against a team that had basically been leading the race more or less all season, and we all knew it was a must win game, and boy did we do just that, and I'm not arsed about lame excuses like Holding playing.

Easy to say now you was expecting an hiding, I think AFTV looked at it differently, with his war cry walking around the ground, what was the word banded about, oh yea that's it BELIEVE.

Well (mate), believe me when I tell you this, we will smash you to bits again, I fear fuck all from your bottling side

Fucking Rob Holding, so you are basically putting that defeat on his shoulders, don't come on here calling me out as speaking nonsense, just make sure you are on here next Monday, or Sunday night, whichever you prefer
AFTV is not most Arsenal fans mate. Even when we were 8 points clear we were expecting City to catch up - we were getting panned from the media for our fans being so pessimistic. It was the Gary Nevilles and Talksports guys who were saying Arsenal would win the league.

Anyway like I've said many times on here, I'd happily take a draw back to London from the Etihad. I'm not expecting us to win and to be honest I'm not expecting the draw either. But that doesn't mean we aren't better than we were last season because we are so I don't think you can look at last season's match and draw any parallels as at that time, aside from the injuries and loss of confidence, we also had the monkey of something like 10 straight losses to City as well. That monkey no longer exists so I think it's different and I'm sure Pep would bite your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win all day long, just like Arteta would the other way round.

AFTV is not most Arsenal fans mate. Even when we were 8 points clear we were expecting City to catch up - we were getting panned from the media for our fans being so pessimistic. It was the Gary Nevilles and Talksports guys who were saying Arsenal would win the league.

Anyway like I've said many times on here, I'd happily take a draw back to London from the Etihad. I'm not expecting us to win and to be honest I'm not expecting the draw either. But that doesn't mean we aren't better than we were last season because we are so I don't think you can look at last season's match and draw any parallels as at that time, aside from the injuries and loss of confidence, we also had the monkey of something like 10 straight losses to City as well. That monkey no longer exists so I think it's different and I'm sure Pep would bite your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win all day long, just like Arteta would the other way round.

I'm sure you would happily take a draw back to London, but that sort of deflects your argument that you have closed the gap on us, let's see.

Your 1-0 scrappy win at start of the season has filled you with yet more optimism and giddiness it seems, which is great news.

You use the word "expecting" quite a lot, if you rely on expectation in the game of football you are mainly always disappointed with the outcomes, we had it for over 30 years.

Anyway I engage with you no more, I'll be there Sunday to watch us give you a hiding again, and look forward to your excuses and expectations that you had next week.

Honestly don't know why we would rush him into this fixture.

I think our best back four is the run-in four from last year -akanji - stones - Dias - Ake.
You can probably put gvardiol in for Ake? I prefer Ake but accept pep likes to alternate them

Walker is an absolute must for Madrid though. Save him for that. I feel like pep was clocking that walker isn't part of our standard best back four but is absolutely a part of our best back four when up against certain opponents... Now we have just defaulted back to walker as an undisputed starter.
I agree that Madrid is more important for Walker, so he may not be risked from the start on Sunday. It does depend on what the scans have shown though as to how much risk we would be taking against Arsenal.

Edit:

MATCH OFFICIALS:
Referee:
Anthony Taylor.
Assistants:
Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn.
Fourth official:
Tom Bramall.
VAR:
Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR:
Darren Cann.

Taylor has refereed us twice in the Premier League this season:

City 2-0 Forest
(Rodri sent off in the 46th minute)

City 4-4 Chelsea.
(95th minute penalty awarded to Chelsea)

Taylor has refereed Arsenal twice in all competitions this season:

Arsenal 3-1 Utd.
Arsenal 3-1 Liverpool.

In Matches that Taylor has Officiated:

40 City:
Won 23.
Drawn 4.
Lost 13.

43 Arsenal:
Won 24.
Lost 8.
Drawn 11.

Last edited:
I'm sure you would happily take a draw back to London, but that sort of deflects your argument that you have closed the gap on us, let's see.

Your 1-0 scrappy win at start of the season has filled you with yet more optimism and giddiness it seems, which is great news.

You use the word "expecting" quite a lot, if you rely on expectation in the game of football you are mainly always disappointed with the outcomes, we had it for over 30 years.

Anyway I engage with you no more, I'll be there Sunday to watch us give you a hiding again, and look forward to your excuses and expectations that you had next week.
I think you've misinterpreted what I've said and seem to be 'itching' for an argument. Closing the gap is true, there is still a gap though. Its just smaller than it was last year.

Anyway I'll leave it at that as I don't want to stink out this thread with an argument that was never intended to be one, but as a summary to set the record straight - I'd be over the moon with a draw/I'm absolutely not expecting a win/City are still the better side/Arsenal are better than they were last year.

I'm intrigued to see what happens on Sunday. The two teams will look drastically different to those that started the game at the Emirates. Considering we've not beaten any top 6 side other than the rags this season, there should be added confidence. But Pep will know this is a must win game, and at home we tend to step up. It's going to be a huge test for Arsenal. We've been there and done it whereas this is still new territory for plenty of your team. I'm sure they're up to it, but a rocking Etihad is a hard place to come and get a result. Much better teams than Arsenal have tried and failed and hopefully it's the same this weekend.

If City don't win the game I think our chances of the title are very slim. But I would also write Arsenal off unless you win.

I'm intrigued to see what happens on Sunday. The two teams will look drastically different to those that started the game at the Emirates. Considering we've not beaten any top 6 side other than the rags this season, there should be added confidence. But Pep will know this is a must win game, and at home we tend to step up. It's going to be a huge test for Arsenal. We've been there and done it whereas this is still new territory for plenty of your team. I'm sure they're up to it, but a rocking Etihad is a hard place to come and get a result. Much better teams than Arsenal have tried and failed and hopefully it's the same this weekend.

If City don't win the game I think our chances of the title are very slim. But I would also write Arsenal off unless you win.
Yep all makes sense. I do think we will win the league in the next few years but I think this season will be too much for us. We are an injury to Rice or Saliba away from being out of it and I just think tactically Pep will out manoeuvre Arteta.

As long as the Dippers don't win it then I'm cool with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.