Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kev
Foden
Haaland

If Ederson makes it he starts. If Grealish makes it it’s between himself and Kovacic for that spot but without Stones coming into midfield I think we may need Kovacic for that midfield.

Gvardiol a starter for me. If we play the system with the high full-backs providing width which without Stones we may well do. He is more adept at that role than Ake. However we may see him or Akanji deployed at centre-back to deal with Havertz’ height and also with counter-attacks they are slightly faster I’d say certainly needed when partnering Dias. Although I’m not sure if this is as needed as Arsenal are not even close to Liverpool transitionally. Ake also seems better defending in wider zones. Also think Akanji deserves the start - I’d argue he’s been our strongest defender also again is relatively tall. 6cm taller than Ake is a big difference in games where the opponents whips a lot of crosses in. I’d personally not start Walker but think he will.

Also worth nothing I think Doku definitely deserves consideration. Been very good last 3 games and looks like he’s getting back to his best after his injury. But I think for control and the magnitude he misses out but I do think he’s great to bring on vs tired defences.

Ortega
Walker
Dias
Akanji
Ake
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kev
Foden
Haaland
Walker, Kev and Akanji injured and Foden, Ake, Rodri and Haaland all exhausted after playing every minute of shitty internationals

They will come flying out at us, I suspect?

If we get through the first 20 minutes and they haven't scored, we will move through the gears.

Big games, big players. Rodri, KDB, Foden and Haaland.

We simply have more of them

I would imagine they actually do their best to slow the game and try and play on the counter. It's a game they won't want to lose. So they'll sit in and look to get forwards quickly using pace in behind or set pieces to attack us. I think they'll be more than happy for us to have the ball and commit people forwards and I think Arteta will be nervous about our ability to go direct to Haaland like we did last season.

Expecting a game we dominate, but hoping it's one we also convert that to goals and a win which has been a bit of an issue with some of our home games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.