Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Key game, no doubt. Saka is a concern, but so too are Odegarrd, Martinelli and Jesus if we let them have the ball too much. I trust our midfield to nullify that for large parts of the game.

Zinchenko is an interesting one. He'll push on and, at least when he was with us, he's not actually as press resistant as many of the other city team, so can be tackled in a couple of ways - stick a player out wide or put someone tenacious on him. We have both options, be interested to see what Pep goes with.

I do fancy us though. From five chances created, I can see our defense squishing out most, but I don't see them stopping Haaland and co in quite the same way. Hope I'm proved right.

Key game, no doubt. Saka is a concern, but so too are Odegarrd, Martinelli and Jesus if we let them have the ball too much. I trust our midfield to nullify that for large parts of the game.

Zinchenko is an interesting one. He'll push on and, at least when he was with us, he's not actually as press resistant as many of the other city team, so can be tackled in a couple of ways - stick a player out wide or put someone tenacious on him. We have both options, be interested to see what Pep goes with.

I do fancy us though. From five chances created, I can see our defense squishing out most, but I don't see them stopping Haaland and co in quite the same way. Hope I'm proved right.

Their attack is excellent, better than when we played them at their place. But their defence is weaker and Xhaka and Partey seem to have lost some form too.

This is new territory for them. It is just another huge potential title decider for us. Our back 4 kept a similarly quick and tricky front line of Bayern limited to long range shots whilst our attack will do to Ramsdale and Holding what it did to Sommer and Upamecano.

Under the lights, atmosphere buzzing, we have to make it hell for them.

Saka is definitely a concern against Laporte.

we need to put serious pressure on Zinchenko, but both Mahrez or Bernardo can do that. also Foden but he seems not 100% fit yet.
an early yellow to Zinch would really limit his options.
press them high, if we do they make same mistake as in last game when Tomiyashu just made a bad backpass costing them a goal.

Pep know if we can win this game that a brutal mentality lesson for Arteta. they will know who they are up against and that can be an added pressure for their next few games.
I suspect he may play Tierney at LB. Zinchenko will display too much emotion and likely to drop a bollock for this game. We defo need to highlight their shenanigans (time wasting, feigning injury, Arteta whinging etc).At them hard and fast from the off, no mercy!! 3 - 1

They will man mark us all over the pitch, making it difficult for us to play out from the back. We will have to be patient with our players while they sort that out over the first 20 mins. They did this in the cup game against us, to some effect. Can see us going long often which, of course nullifies are strengths. I am sure Pep will have a plan to overcome this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.