Arsenal - Post match thread

My problem with pellegrini is he purposely demolished our season out of sheer spite.
Can be no other reason for his negligence towards the Premier league. I didn't think he did a lot wrong against arsenal except the entire universe could see we need to make changes before their second goal. Ah well one game and it's over.
Another thing, any "super fan" having a go at blues in this thread wants to hello at Swansea please do. I won't hold my breath though.

Utter crap.

He'd called Sterling back minutes before they scored. Sterling, Delph and Ya Ya looked like three piss heads warming up on a hot day.
Pellegrini had seen what you were talking about. It was painfully obvious.

Is it now his fault that De Bruyne had no intension of helping Clichy? Does he take no responsibility?

Pellegrini has purposely demolished our season out of spite? Are you kidding? This is pathetic and so typical of the childish mentality shown in here.
Yet again, another fan absolving multi million pound players on huge wages for being disinterested. I could name the usual suspects or victims but there's no point. I'm a Manchester City fan, my support doesn't depend upon the effort of Ya Ya Toure in his final season, or Wilf Bony.

I think Sunday was bordering on a disgrace and our fan base are rightly being labeled a joke amongst other fans. Each fan to their own. For me this team, these players and this manager deserve the same respect afforded to other managers in the league.
Pellegrini has carried himself like a true gent, he could quite easily have made us look pretty bad. He's kept his council and treated the fans and the club with more respect than many of our 'fans' have treated him.

City fans are quick to slate others, there's a very realistic chance United will miss out on top 4, their manager is hated by most, yet the place will be pretty much full for their team Sunday come 5pm. Ours was empty and deserving of any ridicule it got.

How pathetic are our fans? "Purposely demolishing our season out of spite"? Do you know how pathetic that sounds? Won a trophy, CL semi finals and top 4 most likely. And you're equating that to sabotage?? Embarrassing mate. The very reason you can't brows social media with seeing our fans ridiculed. Rightly so this time.

And yes, I will be at Swansea, as I was at Reading on a disgusting night after Mancini had departed.

I thought it was a disgraceful post personally. I've been a fan for 50 years as well and I exercised my option to leave at the final whistle. That doesn't make me or anyone else a plastic fan.

And as an exiled Manc himself (which I assume he is) then maybe he's been in the USA so long that he's forgotten that we Mancs are straightforward people who know when they've been short-changed and aren't afraid to make their feelings known. Do right by us and we'll do right by you.

We've not protested about MP's failings during games like many other fans would have. We may well have had a good moan on here but we've supported the team during games, which is as it should be.

The antennae of the club hierarchy should have been twitching furiously on Sunday and it should have been apparent that doing what they did wasn't going to be the wisest move. They really should have a channel to the fanbase who can be a sounding board for these things.

Even then, if they were determined to do something, it should have been done straight after the final whistle and properly announced. Something like "Please remain in your seats for 10 minutes as Manuel Pellegrini would like to make a farewell speech to you all."

But instead they just assumed everyone would hang around until they'd sorted themselves out, which seemingly took too long and led to many leaving who had intended to stay. But the majority voted with their feet and it's not for anyone else to claim it's an embarrassment or that those fans are "plastic". We don't need to prove our loyalty to anyone.

Whilst I agree the club and the fans seem to be as far apart as they've been for a while. I'm not sure I agree about Sunday. I don't think many left for the same reasons you did.

I think the general disharmony on here is encapsulated amongst fans.
Fair enough don't wait for the manager to say a few words, if he's taking too long. For me, an extra 15 minutes to pay respect to a man that's shown nothing but respect for our club is not too much to ask. The price of a pie or the odd ticket or mistake by the non footballing side of City should not effect the fans support of the managers and players. Sunday may well be the last time some true City legends are seen at the Etihad.

Would you trade £50 off a season ticket for the jubilation felt when Ya Ya took us past the rags at Wembley? Things can clearly be improved but for me, Sunday typified a far too often seen attitude amongst many fans of many clubs.

If you left for your reasons, I can believe and respect that. If you've been a fan of 50 years I'm sure you had your reasons. But most will have left for the spoilt childish reasons they are being ridiculed for. The fans who boo our players before they've stepped foot on the pitch aren't leaving because of feeling of dissociation between them selves and the club. They're leaving because we didn't win everything.

Feelings of first team players, managers aside.
I read on here daily about the frustrations of not trusting the kids, not supporting the kids. How do you think those kids felt stood in the centre circle with 90% of the fans streaming out like we'd lost 0-3 on a December night?
Do you think they felt the love and support of the City family?

Chelsea fans are often ridiculed on here, you can bet Sunday Stamford Bridge will be near full as their u18's parade their trophy and they've had a disgusting season.

Defending those with real concerns or legitimate gripes with club and fan disassociation is admirable, for me though Sunday was much more about the spoilt brat syndrome than why you left.

Utter crap.

He'd called Sterling back minutes before they scored. Sterling, Delph and Ya Ya looked like three piss heads warming up on a hot day.

Is it now his fault that De Bruyne had no intension of helping Clichy? Does he take no responsibility?

Pellegrini has purposely demolished our season out of spite? Are you kidding? This is pathetic and so typical of the childish mentality shown in here.
Yet again, another fan absolving multi million pound players on huge wages for being disinterested. I could name the usual suspects or victims but there's no point. I'm a Manchester City fan, my support doesn't depend upon the effort of Ya Ya Toure in his final season, or Wilf Bony.

I think Sunday was bordering on a disgrace and our fan base are rightly being labeled a joke amongst other fans. Each fan to their own. For me this team, these players and this manager deserve the same respect afforded to other managers in the league.
Pellegrini has carried himself like a true gent, he could quite easily have made us look pretty bad. He's kept his council and treated the fans and the club with more respect than many of our 'fans' have treated him.

City fans are quick to slate others, there's a very realistic chance United will miss out on top 4, their manager is hated by most, yet the place will be pretty much full for their team Sunday come 5pm. Ours was empty and deserving of any ridicule it got.

How pathetic are our fans? "Purposely demolishing our season out of spite"? Do you know how pathetic that sounds? Won a trophy, CL semi finals and top 4 most likely. And you're equating that to sabotage?? Embarrassing mate. The very reason you can't brows social media with seeing our fans ridiculed. Rightly so this time.

And yes, I will be at Swansea, as I was at Reading on a disgusting night after Mancini had departed.

Sad act

Bill's right it was absolutely ridiculous of pellegrini not to make a sub at 60 mins, at the latest. Even before the game it was pretty obvious we'd need changes what with us playing madrid midweek and a fresh arsenal having a clear run at the game, but with the formation and high intensity we were playing with Fern and Fernandinho running their bollocks off in the middle it was obvious we were going to tire. Come 60 mins in we do exactly that and look dead on our feet, everyone's sat there begging for a sub and what does he do? Fuck all. Stand and watched them equalise. It was all there the crowd were up for it and we were winning the team just needed a lift it was obvious, but the old fool let us all down and hung the players out to dry yet again. Yet another pivotal thing where it is impossible to understand what the old idiot is thinking, genuinely the most reasonable line of thinking must be that he's dead and whoever does moonchester is walking about in his skin instead, but that theory is undermined by the fact that moonchester would have made a sub earlier

Let's not forget we wouldn't be in that mess we were in if pellegrini hadn't made the ridiculous decision of giving Mangala and MDM no protection in the derby, leaving fernando on the bench and going gung-ho with Yaya in a 2 man midfield against a united team with pace up front, when there was absolutely no need to do it. That was just another of his incredible decisions that you could almost put down to sabotage, so after the idiot blew what we thought was his last golden chance with us 2-1 up against arsenal and just desperately needing a sub at that point, there was no fucking way I was staying behind to clap the ****. You don't thank people who've spent the last 8 months fucking you over and humiliating you. Staying behind to applaud Pellegrini would have been like going to an identity parade to pick out a paedophile and instead of banging the fucker up taking him out for a few beers, then giving him a lowry painting, for fucks sake!

Anyway that's all done with and it boils down to this one last game now. His last golden chance when there shouldn't be one. He can't possibly blow this one after everything else, can he?

You fucking bet he can. Hope and pray boys, hope and pray

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad act

Bill's right it was absolutely ridiculous of pellegrini not to make a sub at 60 mins, at the latest. Even before the game it was pretty obvious we'd need changes what with us playing madrid midweek and a fresh arsenal having a clear run at the game, but with the formation and high intensity we were playing with Fern and Fernandinho running their bollocks off in the middle it was obvious we were going to tire. Come 60 mins in we do exactly that and look dead on our feet, everyone's sat there begging for a sub and what does he do? Fuck all. Stand and watched them equalise. It was all there the crowd were up for it and we were winning the team just needed a lift it was obvious, but the old fool let us all down and hung the players out to dry yet again. Yet another pivotal thing where it is impossible to understand what the old idiot is thinking, genuinely the most reasonable line of thinking must be that he's dead and whoever does moonchester is walking about in his skin instead, but that theory is undermined by the fact that moonchester would have made a sub earlier

Let's not forget we wouldn't be in that mess we were in if pellegrini hadn't made the ridiculous decision of giving Mangala and MDM no protection in the derby, leaving fernando on the bench and going gung-ho with Yaya in a 2 man midfield against a united team with pace up front, when there was absolutely no need to do it. That was just another of his incredible decisions that you could almost put down to sabotage, so after the idiot blew what we thought was his last golden chance with us 2-1 up against arsenal and just desperately needing a sub at that point, there was no fucking way I was staying behind to clap the ****. You don't thank people who've spent the last 8 months fucking you over and humiliating you. Staying behind to applaud Pellegrini would have been like going to an identity parade to pick out a paedophile and instead of banging the fucker up taking him out for a few beers, then giving him a lowry painting, for fucks sake!

Anyway that's all done with and it boils down to this one last game now. His last golden chance when there shouldn't be one. He can't possibly blow this one after everything else, can he?

You fucking bet he can. Hope and pray boys, hope and pray
Brilliant post and bang on the money.......

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened in the crowd right next to our bench after Arsenal made it 2-2. Looked like some commotion with stewards called in?

Whilst I agree the club and the fans seem to be as far apart as they've been for a while. I'm not sure I agree about Sunday. I don't think many left for the same reasons you did.

I think the general disharmony on here is encapsulated amongst fans.
Fair enough don't wait for the manager to say a few words, if he's taking too long. For me, an extra 15 minutes to pay respect to a man that's shown nothing but respect for our club is not too much to ask. The price of a pie or the odd ticket or mistake by the non footballing side of City should not effect the fans support of the managers and players. Sunday may well be the last time some true City legends are seen at the Etihad.

Would you trade £50 off a season ticket for the jubilation felt when Ya Ya took us past the rags at Wembley? Things can clearly be improved but for me, Sunday typified a far too often seen attitude amongst many fans of many clubs.

If you left for your reasons, I can believe and respect that. If you've been a fan of 50 years I'm sure you had your reasons. But most will have left for the spoilt childish reasons they are being ridiculed for. The fans who boo our players before they've stepped foot on the pitch aren't leaving because of feeling of dissociation between them selves and the club. They're leaving because we didn't win everything.

Feelings of first team players, managers aside.
I read on here daily about the frustrations of not trusting the kids, not supporting the kids. How do you think those kids felt stood in the centre circle with 90% of the fans streaming out like we'd lost 0-3 on a December night?
Do you think they felt the love and support of the City family?

Chelsea fans are often ridiculed on here, you can bet Sunday Stamford Bridge will be near full as their u18's parade their trophy and they've had a disgusting season.

Defending those with real concerns or legitimate gripes with club and fan disassociation is admirable, for me though Sunday was much more about the spoilt brat syndrome than why you left.

If I was still able to attend games I probably would have left. I feel more of the anger is a lack of fight. You say the dummy was spat because we didn't win everything but i disagree. City fans know their football and they would be more than happy to support and clap off a team that had given everything, but as you well know, they have been on cruise control all season and sometimes even in reverse.

I am the designated driver & take another 2 people with me. Before the Real games I'd said to the others that I wanted to stay & see Pellegrini and players lap of honour. As the matches came & went, I changed my mind. My thinking was, that if they don't give a shit, then I won't bother ( the others didn't want to stay anyway). We pay good money to watch our team home and away & if those multi-millionaires cannot even be bothered to thank the fans for showing up & giving their support after games, then why should I?

Yes, I felt guilty for all of 3 minutes. But, if it made one of those players think about it, then job done. Sagna was the only one that came out afterwards to say that it would be their own fault if we ended up in the Europa League. Those of you that are pontificating, get off your high horses, because there has been absolutely no social media reaction from any of our players, why do you think that is? I think it's because they know that they have f*cked up, big time. Message received!

Utter crap.

I feel even better now having left at the end knowing sanctimonious pricks like you were offended.

Utter crap.

so I will ask you as I have asked others. (good reply btw)

do you agree that the manager was picking the best 11 he could whilst choosing bony over nacho ?

do you think he was right to consistently play delph outside left when it clearly didn't work?

do you think playing kdb on the wing was worth persisting with although that too was clearly the wrong position for our 57m player?

do you think he was right to rotate at the "smaller" clubs even though we'd got no wins when trying this earlier in the season.

why persist with tactic and decisions clearly not working. why do it?

better still name me a manager that would have done. I can't. can only be at it.

he should have gone the day pep was announced and replaced by a caretaker, Rafa would have been my choice. we'd be champions now. fuck the CL.

I didn't stay on Sunday, because to be honest, these things just don't seem right, unless it's the very last game of the League campaign.
For the majority of recent seasons, City's last home game has always been the finale. This time, we were too concerned arguing over whether United would drop points at West Ham, to hang around, waiting for a laboured speech from somebody who's hardly gone out of his way to be imaginative in previous press conferences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.