Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Bottling it eh?

Every pundit was saying in the run in after the draw at the Etihad that the Dippers had the easiest games, City medium and Arsenal the hardest. We've lost one match vs Villa, sandwiched between 2 games vs. Bayern. The rest we've won.

I appreciate that this is a City forum however your post comes across as very ungracious, something I'd expect from a Dipper fan. Fact is you're being taken to the final match of the season by a side that you A weren't expecting to be there, B has a better defence than you, C has a better goal difference and D you haven't beaten in 3 tries this season. Nothing 'poor' about this Arsenal team.

If (when) you win the title you'll do so deservedly, but for goodness sakes recognise that you've had to work for it and no bottling has happened this season.

It doesn't matter about the performance at this stage of the season. We were shocking against Forest and somehow got the win. It didn't mean we played as badly in the next game.

That was a big game at a ground you don't have a good record at. You were certainly fortunate to come up against such a weak rag side in terms of available players. Rashford as poor as he is does score against you generally and Penandes is their only creative player. But the Villa side we played was rotated and much weaker than the one that beat you so swings and roundabouts.

I said from the outset the dippers were my concern. I thought you'd fall away. When it was down to 6-7 games to go I thought you would finish third based on fixtures and the CL. So you've proven you've got the mindset and mentality as a team to challenge now regardless of what happens. If you miss out this season you'll be back again and stronger next.

Spurs away for us is, with Anfield, our hardest game of the season. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd still have a lot of belief in your rivals going full Spursy and doing you a favour. Their fans want to lose, but their players won't. We could do with a Villa win tonight so that CL football is definitely off the cards, and then maybe the players will do what their fans want!

It doesn't matter about the performance at this stage of the season. We were shocking against Forest and somehow got the win. It didn't mean we played as badly in the next game.

That was a big game at a ground you don't have a good record at. You were certainly fortunate to come up against such a weak rag side in terms of available players. Rashford as poor as he is does score against you generally and Penandes is their only creative player. But the Villa side we played was rotated and much weaker than the one that beat you so swings and roundabouts.

I said from the outset the dippers were my concern. I thought you'd fall away. When it was down to 6-7 games to go I thought you would finish third based on fixtures and the CL. So you've proven you've got the mindset and mentality as a team to challenge now regardless of what happens. If you miss out this season you'll be back again and stronger next.

Spurs away for us is, with Anfield, our hardest game of the season. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd still have a lot of belief in your rivals going full Spursy and doing you a favour. Their fans want to lose, but their players won't. We could do with a Villa win tonight so that CL football is definitely off the cards, and then maybe the players will do what their fans want!
I look at the way City are playing and would be very confident you'll win - you've just clicked into business mode now whereas we were excellent from Jan until early April and are now kind of limping across the line in games.

Doesn't matter as like you said, winning is what matters and teams ebb and flow across a season. Whoever wins the title.deserves it across 38 games and I think across the season City have just about been the best team. So no hard feelings, I'm pleased that my side has continued to improve, we'll improve again next season as we are now seen as a much more enticing prospect for players to join than a few years ago.

I also don't like the 'Farmers League' criticism about the PL - yes City have won the league many times of late but in most cases it hasn't been a 10+ point cakewalk and in several seasons has gone down to the last game, just as it will this season. Means there is jeopardy right until the end and also keeps it an interesting League.

Arsenal's mistake was to put the title back in City's hands. That was probably a fatal mistake as when that happens City usually don't let go, however one of the reasons we watch football is that anything can happen.

Lots of Arsenal fans are getting a bit gobby about the invcible season vs. being the first team ever to win 4 in a row.

So if any of the Arsenal fans in your life bring this up, feel free to remind them that 33 teams in European football (Leverkusen will be the 34th) have had an unbeaten league season since 2004.

That includes Porto, Juventus, Celtic & Rangers.

Last edited:
Fact is you're being taken to the final match of the season by a side that you A weren't expecting to be there, B has a better defence than you, C has a better goal difference and D you haven't beaten in 3 tries this season. Nothing 'poor' about this Arsenal team.

Who didn't expect it ? You got within 5 points of us last year and signed a £106m player in the window whilst we were moving on from an historic and energy-sapping treble and from key contributors like Gundogan and Mahrez. By the time you've thrown in the long-term injury to the best midfield player in Europe and the fact that no club in PL history has won it 4 times, I'm amazed we're still in it.

Bottling it eh?

Every pundit was saying in the run in after the draw at the Etihad that the Dippers had the easiest games, City medium and Arsenal the hardest. We've lost one match vs Villa, sandwiched between 2 games vs. Bayern. The rest we've won.

I appreciate that this is a City forum however your post comes across as very ungracious, something I'd expect from a Dipper fan. Fact is you're being taken to the final match of the season by a side that you A weren't expecting to be there, B has a better defence than you, C has a better goal difference and D you haven't beaten in 3 tries this season. Nothing 'poor' about this Arsenal team.

If (when) you win the title you'll do so deservedly, but for goodness sakes recognise that you've had to work for it and no bottling has happened this season.
3 times?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.