Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Semantics! I mean in terms of the level of hatred now across our fanbase compared to what it was. They're scouse so we've always hated them, but it's at a level now where plenty are torn between whether they hate them or the rags more.
I hate the scousers more now.
Have done for a few years.
Absolute vermin.
As a football club, team and fanbase,
you can't get much lower than these.

Well I can't talk from your perspective, all I know is that the Gooners I know, and the crowd in general from going to the matches definitely have it in for Spurs and to a lesser extent the Dippers, but there's not really been animosity towards City, more of a 'we want to be them' vibe.

It'll get more tense now for sure as we are both playing in the same pool now, but aside from expected banter I see (as an example) a lot more animosity towards City from Spurs than I do Arsenal.

I think you'd need to hire someone like (God forbid) Mourinho for that to change. Aside from the obvious jibes you'll get from every club (and which out of respect I won't reference here) City aren't really a 'dislikeable' club from an Arsenal perspective - I've always cheered them on in Europe for example and there hasn't been aggro between the teams recently either - the managers are mates, I can't think of any pre-match mind games or on-field foul play like you get against the Dippers etc. Well not yet at least!
Well I'm not going to disagree on that. Bernardo is absolutely quality and like I said, it was debatable with Saka and he can go missing in big games whereas Bernardo got 2 goals vs Madrid in last year's CL semi. So fair enough, he's some player for sure.
Bernardo Silva honestly has been one of the best players I've ever seen at City, and I watched the end of Denis Law career, Colin Bell, Peter Barnes, Toure etc. evn with David Silva, KDB et al i'd put Bernardo Silva as our best (most effective) player we've ever had...his commitment acoupled with skill...truly amazing and def under the radar. Hazard and Henry best players I've seen but I probably wouldn't swap them for Bernardo...

Bernardo Silva honestly has been one of the best players I've ever seen at City, and I watched the end of Denis Law career, Colin Bell, Peter Barnes, Toure etc. evn with David Silva, KDB et al i'd put Bernardo Silva as our best (most effective) player we've ever had...his commitment acoupled with skill...truly amazing and def under the radar. Hazard and Henry best players I've seen but I probably wouldn't swap them for Bernardo...
But saka is as good , give me a fucking break lol

That's not a point though. City haven't gotten away with anything firstly. We've had 115 charges for breaches of PL rules. The critical charges are evidence that the PL weren't complicit, aware or stupid - they're accusing us of fraud. The money in our audited accounts from sponsors didn't come from them, and was actually money directly from our owner. For us to have done that, and reported it in a different way is a criminal offence and would mean that club execs hid the truth from auditors and have falsified our financial reporting and accounts.

This isn't us just playing a few financial dark arts, by giving long contracts like Chelsea or writing off costs in one year to help in another. This is full scale fraud. It's a criminal offence. And if proven it should end up with people behind bars.
Absolutely this, I am also at a loss as to why multi national companies and airlines would enter into extreme fraudulent behaviour which could lead execs to prison to help a football club. This is the question that no one has answered yet. The penalties are far too high to encourage such fraudulent behaviour for sports washing purposes.

Norf Landaan Togeva, woteva tha wevva
Literally zero of my Spurs colleagues want them to win tonight. The irony is I do think think it matters what they do, City win that game 9 games out of 10 anyway.

Anyway according to Spuds we're a Sarf London team anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.