Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post on this for now.

So you think that huge amounts of money is spent on influencing people ranging from what they buy to how they vote and you think it has no impact !

Truly delusional !
In that case we can discount the millions of Remain voters who were duped by EU funded pro-EU groups into thinking voting leave would cause the collapse of the EU, WW3 with Russia and immediate economic collaspe that would send us into another Great Depression.

What's good for the goose...

In that case we can discount the millions of Remain voters who were duped by EU funded pro-EU groups into thinking voting leave would cause the collapse of the EU, WW3 with Russia and immediate economic collaspe that would send us into another Great Depression.

Hang on sweetheart. We ain't left yet ;-)

You are getting a bit personal this morning - is that because you had no answers last night so have woken up this morning all embarrassed

BTW - that post makes no sense.

Does this partly explain why you struggled to answer my post last night - was it because it was written in plain English?
It's a lefty struggling to answer your opinion and therefore going with an argumentum ad hominem, he can’t refute your opinion otherwise. So actually it’s a compliment.

And given that it seems the hard remain vote is now down to 22%, you could be forgiven for thinking just what the leave vote would have been if there had not been project fear.

In the end decades of experience seemed to trump project fear.

It is all conjecture of course but it works both ways

And given that it seems the hard remain vote is now down to 22%, you could be forgiven for thinking just what the leave vote would have been if there had not been project fear.

In the end decades of experience seemed to trump project fear.

It is all conjecture of course but it works both ways
The doom and gloom that failed to materialise immediately in the aftermath has probably made a lot of 'soft' remainers go "huh, maybe it's not as bad as they made it out to be" so they've become less opposed as time has gone by.

Look at how every 'bad' aspect of society, be it economic or social, has been attributed to Brexit, yet anything positive is met with "but we haven't left yet". People are beginning to see the narrative from the hardline remainers and thankfully are starting to discredit them unless they provide proof rather than just accepting it outright. When I voted I was a 'soft' leaver in that I still approved of trading with the EU. With every soundbite, every snide remark i'm leaning more towards a more decisive split.

Plenty of time for the proverbial to hit the fan. I hope it doesn't but it ain't looking good so far sugar.
I'm looking forward to the one year anniversary. I hope you are, hunnybuns.

The doom and gloom that failed to materialise immediately in the aftermath has probably made a lot of 'soft' remainers go "huh, maybe it's not as bad as they made it out to be" so they've become less opposed as time has gone by.

Look at how every 'bad' aspect of society, be it economic or social, has been attributed to Brexit, yet anything positive is met with "but we haven't left yet". People are beginning to see the narrative from the hardline remainers and thankfully are starting to discredit them unless they provide proof rather than just accepting it outright. When I voted I was a 'soft' leaver in that I still approved of trading with the EU. With every soundbite, every snide remark i'm leaning more towards a more decisive split.
Is your 'more decisive split' worse or better than the 'soft leave' you favoured before the snide remarks got to you?

Is your 'more decisive split' worse or better than the 'soft leave' you favoured before the snide remarks got to you?
Better.

The 'snide remarks' refer to the likes of Juncker, Merkel, Verhofstadt who have been shall we say, less than pragmatic about the negotiations. For example Verhofstadt recently stated that Britain MUST NOT be given a state in which Britain is better outside of the EUl, otherwise, quote, 'there is no point to the EU?'

No, there isn't Guy, and we're all finally realising that. They aren;t going to give us a good deal. They can, but it's too beneficial, so they'll seek to damage themselves just to prove a petty point.
The EU is a relic of the 20th Century. It's time it remained there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.