Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever Tony Blair comes out in favour of something, even the people who are in favour of
whatever it is he promotes turn on him.
In other words, I know of nobody, and I mean nobody, who has a good word for the mendacious ****.
Plenty of posters on here have had good words to say about him, you've just chosen to ingnore them. Thats fine.

I hope you heard him rather than what was reported. But the key thing was whether freedom of movement of labour was negotiable. He seemed to be saying it was but wouldn't say who said it. Cameron could have probably come back from his negotiations and said we've clarified that if people from the EU don't find a job they have to go back (and implemented it) and put that on the side of a bus then we might not have needed Blair to intervene.

I did hear him I just don't believe him. Suits him to say he can't say who did tell him but in reality I don't want to hear anything that man says. The reason why I - and many others in the UK - think of this are pretty fucking obvious - the man cannot be trusted and he only has himself to blame for that

It's just too easy to see everything through the Iraq deception. It doesn't change the achievements: pensioner poverty reduced, minimum wage, waits for NHS operations way down, more doctors, nurses, and police, Sure Start, the bus pass, restored free museum entry. Oh, and peace in Northern Ireland. All going well till the crash. (Don't forget Blair won an election after the Iraq invasion.)

Plenty of downside too, and the Middle East peace envoy stuff has been ridiculous. Perhaps, the good things are (for some) almost like saying Mussolini at least made the trains run on time.

Whether he should be saying anything about anything, including Brexit, is one thing. It doesn't make what he said wrong - especially that Brexit has meant Britain's going from strongest economy in Europe to weakest.

Last edited:
especially that Brexit has meant Britain's going from strongest economy in Europe to weakest.

It is truly saddening to now realise that Portugal,Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania,Poland, Lithuania and more, now
have stronger economies than Britain, all because we voted out.
They must all flock over here for the weather.

It is truly saddening to now realise that Portugal,Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania,Poland, Lithuania and more, now
have stronger economies than Britain, all because we voted out.
They must all flock over here for the weather.

Cool story bro lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.