Artificial Intelligence

Intelligence is intelligence. What we have now is faux intelligence. It’s software designed to look intelligent when it isn’t.

I don't even know what this means. Intelligence is the ability to acquire knowldge and skills, which is what they do. We have absolutely no idea how the hidden layers of most neural networks function.

Intelligence is intelligence. What we have now is faux intelligence. It’s software designed to look intelligent when it isn’t.
Which is why there are going to be serious issues in the future.

well actually learn what NN are for starters. They are not simple rules, if they were then you'd be able to 100% know exactly what it's going to do. The fact is you can't. Anyone can write one of these things but having deep understanding of the mathematical concepts involved is the only way of attempting to understand them. I write the word attempting as that is all you'll be doing.

I’m aware what they are but was trying to layman term it.

I have written them multiple time in the past to train NPC’s in games. Yes you get unexpected results but through the process you throw away the unexpected results and keep the expected etc. in the most part NN’s are there to get the best solution to a problem.

Granted there may well be a new layer on it I’m not aware of since I last looked at one few years ago.

I don't even know what this means. Intelligence is the ability to acquire knowldge and skills, which is what they do. We have absolutely no idea how the hidden layers of most neural networks function.

A computer doesn’t acquire new skills. It’s a programmatically trained in new “skills”. Ie it’s automation at this point.

I’m aware what they are but was trying to layman term it.

I have written them multiple time in the past to train NPC’s in games. Yes you get unexpected results but through the process you throw away the unexpected results and keep the expected etc. in the most part NN’s are there to get the best solution to a problem.

Granted there may well be a new layer on it I’m not aware of since I last looked at one few years ago.

So you basically make it learn right? see where I'm going with this

It might work out how to take out what it needs to stop humans fucking things up, once things become automated to the extent the AI is doing it then I’m sure it will figure out quite quickly what to do, as Damocles said AI learns at an unbelievable rate, what takes us years will take it seconds.
It depends how you measure it. In terms of number of interactions people are much faster to learn than AI, but AI can process interactions at a much faster rate, and doesn't need a break. People need much less information than AI to achieve the same level, because our form of intelligence is better. I don't know how much better (more efficient) AI intelligence is getting if at all. It may be like computing it's just getting bigger.

So you basically make it learn right? see where I'm going with this

Yes. You make it learn to get a desired result. It doesn’t learn by its self. It’s not going to just magically decide to do something totally out of its remit.

It’s a tool to get the best result for a task. If you create one to get the fastest car route around an F1 track it’s not going to design a new engine etc etc. it works out optimal steering / acceleration/ breaking etc etc

A computer doesn’t acquire new skills. It’s a programmatically trained in new “skills”. Ie it’s automation at this point.

But that's how humans learn. They acquire new skills through training, The only difference is that humans are generalised whereas NNs are usually focused on a single task but the knowledge acquisition is the same process

Yes. You make it learn to get a desired result. It doesn’t learn by its self. It’s not going to just magically decide to do something totally out of its remit.

I'm not going to randomly start talking Zulu or juggling either without instruction. I don't see the difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.