Ashes 2017/18

Should be nowhere near the team,in any format of the game after this tour,awful
Needs to drop down a level and get his head back in the game. There's a player in there somewhere but it's not fair to either him or this team to keep playing him. He's only going to get worse.

Needs to drop down a level and get his head back in the game. There's a player in there somewhere but it's not fair to either him or this team to keep playing him. He's only going to get worse.

Poor performance from the whole team here,and last match as well,considering how good they were in first 3 matches,need to get as close to 300 here as possible to have half a chance,all on Root

Poor performance from the whole team here,and last match as well,considering how good they were in first 3 matches,need to get as close to 300 here as possible to have half a chance,all on Root
It's a mental thing as far as I'm concerned. In the last match our players were arrogant, underestimating the bowlers and the conditions.

This match is a bit different. We bat with a very high risk, high rewards style in ODI and Root tends to be the only player who can play for time (although not as of a couple minutes ago). Unfortunately this tends to lead to brainfarts whenever the run rate goes down a bit too much. I'd say our players lacked the fortitude to defend when they had to and take the smart options even if it costed runs in the short terms. Sadly Roy set a precedent with his wicket even though he played well.

A poor analogy I'm sure, but we're like a Klopp side if he were a cricket coach. Awesome when it works, but very vulnerable when it doesn't.

Or that can happen instead
We're hitting Pakistan levels of unreliability with this one!

It's a mental thing as far as I'm concerned. In the last match our players were arrogant, underestimating the bowlers and the conditions.

This match is a bit different. We bat with a very high risk, high rewards style in ODI and Root tends to be the only player who can play for time (although not as of a couple minutes ago). Unfortunately this tends to lead to brainfarts whenever the run rate goes down a bit too much. I'd say our players lacked the fortitude to defend when they had to and take the smart options even if it costed runs in the short terms. Sadly Roy set a precedent with his wicket even though he played well.

A poor analogy I'm sure, but we're like a Klopp side if he was a cricket coach. Awesome when it works, but very vulnerable when it doesn't.

We're hitting Pakistan levels of unreliability with this one!

I mean we still might win this match,unlikely as I think we 40 short,but there is a lot more fight with this squad than we saw with the test team,but 5-0 was on here,and we go back to same old England,and dare I say it,missing Woakes here

I mean we still might win this match,unlikely as I think we 40 short,but there is a lot more fight with this squad than we saw with the test team,but 5-0 was on here,and we go back to same old England,and dare I say it,missing Woakes here

I don't think Australia have it in them to go much beyond 300 (in general) so it's plausible if we bowl well. And we're absolutely missing Woakes here.

We do have fight in this team (although not today so far) and that's why as you say we COULD win.

PS the less said about the Test team the better ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.