Ashes 2017/18

the base is set on cook opening the batting its a free wicket for them and then we are in the shit how many can you count on in that line up to make big runs NONE england will be bowled out for cheap runs tomorrow with a new ball only a couple of overs old its easy pickings for them in the morning england need 400 runs every first innings to have any chance in winning a test over there and just sitting in makes me think england are weak in the batting order you have to score heavy and quick and put them under pressure and england just played into there hands with slow runs and just staying in

seen to much of the same old england to see it happening again this winter and its too late now to do anything about it england should have built a new team last 2 summers but just went for the old guard and hope to god cook and root make runs its not good enough even facing a bang average australia who will just bounce england out on there pitches its set in stone

I predicted we will lose the series, but you’re dismissing our chances a bit to much. Their quick bowlers could destroy us if the conditions are right. If we avoid losing this test, it’s game on. Especially with the unpredictable day/night test next up.

It's called having a bit of faith,you,like me,should have plenty of that supporting City,I thought I would have a scroll through the thread,to see who was up overnight watching it,I also noticed you swayed onto the cost of BT when it was becoming apparent your earlier prediction was looking daft,ah well enjoy the rest of the test match
Oh do fuck off, you weirdo.

Nice to see some perspective on here!
I've got a few quid on us winning this first one, and the first day has gone as well as expected. I would have liked a few more runs on the board but I still think we'll get 350+. Looks like the ball will swing a bit too, so a bit in it for Jimmy to go at.

Re BT coverage, it's much better than I thought it would be.

i don't see it myself 350 is still short and the pitch will only get worst after day 3 so if england get rolled over early i can see nothing but pain in this test match

the base is set on cook opening the batting its a free wicket for them and then we are in the shit how many can you count on in that line up to make big runs NONE england will be bowled out for cheap runs tomorrow with a new ball only a couple of overs old its easy pickings for them in the morning england need 400 runs every first innings to have any chance in winning a test over there and just sitting in makes me think england are weak in the batting order you have to score heavy and quick and put them under pressure and england just played into there hands with slow runs and just staying in

seen to much of the same old england to see it happening again this winter and its too late now to do anything about it england should have built a new team last 2 summers but just went for the old guard and hope to god cook and root make runs its not good enough even facing a bang average australia who will just bounce england out on there pitches its set in stone

Fuck me fella I wouldn't have wanted to be sat next to you in the trenches lol

Ancoats last night enjoying his pint

early_doors_tommy.jpg

hahahaha you lot are funny

am i the only one seeing england are crap in the opening batting order yes we have a good tail and can bowl swing but it never swings over there and bounce and spin is key like i said if you don't score 400 in the first innings after winning the toss and batting first its down hill

hahahaha you lot are funny

am i the only one seeing england are crap in the opening batting order yes we have a good tail and can bowl swing but it never swings over there and bounce and spin is key like i said if you don't score 400 in the first innings after winning the toss and batting first its down hill

It depends on our bowling we might have enough now if we bowl the Aussies out for 57

the first test and same old england you just know england will fold tomorrow and be all out under 300 and then the aussies will bat for 2 days and roast our bowlers and get over 500 and the 2nd innings england will fall like a pack of cards

the batting order is a joke and cook should have not toured this winter england had 2 summers to sort out the batting order and did not do anything but change the captain and kept cook in the squad cook days are numbered and he is the weak link and puts the team under pressure know he is coming back in after a couple of min

this could be a 5.0 to them and only the fact they are not a good team holds court for me and england could win one

You must have been watching a different game cos the one I watched was not same old England. The fact we had a 2nd wicket stand of over 100 runs says this was not typical England. Stoneman and Vince steadied the ship nicely after Cook got out and Vince was looking great until the run out. Root getting out was a shame but we still have Malan, Ali, Bairstow, Woakes and Broad who can all score runs so no idea how you are able to make a 5-0 to the aussie's prediction at this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.