Assassins Creed 4

nomorethaksintimes

Probably be a lot more fun than 3 turned out to be.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2EVWKn1HcQ[/youtube]

Assassins Creed is an awesome game series, and I'm a huge fan, but I once looked upon it as art. That was how high I regarded it. It is the best storyline in gaming bar none. Both Desmond's, Ezio's, and to a lesser extent Altair's, and how they intertwined, utterly great. However, whilst Brotherhood and Revelations, just about managed to sustain the storyline without hitting you in the head with blatant profiteering, this is the final nail in the coffin. Assassins Creed is not about great storytelling, it is now plain and simple profiteering. The story should have ended with Desmond's death, or, at the very least, we should now be continuing with the focus on Shaun and Rebecca. It shouldn't be attempting to cram in yet more of Desmond's ancestors. I'm sure it will be well done and I'm sure it will be an excellent game but I'm just a bit disappointed that I can no longer consider this game series to have done what I've never seen a film series do; rival a great book series in terms of sheer storytelling.

Other than that disappointment, I will still be looking forward to it. The Assassins Creed actually made me really interested in the Crusades, the Italian Renaissance, and to a lesser extent the American Revolution. It made me learn a lot more about them. I already have an interest in the Golden Age of Piracy, so it's a perfect setting for me to keep me interested.

Skashion said:
Assassins Creed is an awesome game series, and I'm a huge fan, but I once looked upon it as art. That was how high I regarded it. It is the best storyline in gaming bar none. Both Desmond's, Ezio's, and to a lesser extent Altair's, and how they intertwined, utterly great. However, whilst Brotherhood and Revelations, just about managed to sustain the storyline without hitting you in the head with blatant profiteering, this is the final nail in the coffin. Assassins Creed is not about great storytelling, it is now plain and simple profiteering. The story should have ended with Desmond's death, or, at the very least, we should now be continuing with the focus on Shaun and Rebecca. It shouldn't be attempting to cram in yet more of Desmond's ancestors. I'm sure it will be well done and I'm sure it will be an excellent game but I'm just a bit disappointed that I can no longer consider this game series to have done what I've never seen a film series do; rival a great book series in terms of sheer storytelling.

Other than that disappointment, I will still be looking forward to it. The Assassins Creed actually made me really interested in the Crusades, the Italian Renaissance, and to a lesser extent the American Revolution. It made me learn a lot more about them. I already have an interest in the Golden Age of Piracy, so it's a perfect setting for me to keep me interested.

To be honest I always found the overarching narrative of all the games a bit hamfisted and cringeworthy - I would have preferred if they had released this game as an IP in its own right, the whole Templar plot has been done to death now and I never really felt it added anything. I actually think this is what they are trying to do with this game but they wouldn't go for a clean break as it wouldn't sit well with shareholders.

Played a fair bit so far the hunting for whales and sharks is great fun but frustrating at first!!

Assassins Creed is so consistently good that it's hard to think of another series that better this franchise! I'm surprised it's not as over-hyped as GTA to be honest!

I'm taking my time with this one as I have a habit of absolutely hammering it to the point of completion within a weeks time!

The map is huge in Black Flag as well, obviously the islands are small and it focus' more on sailing through open waters but I'm glad they adopted a quick travel option as it would get boring after awhile had you have to sail port to port every time!!

Skashion said:
Another 3 weeks to wait for the PC version...

I may have to get all the AC games on PC at some point in the future when they only bring out the next one (if they do a 5th one) for the PS4!

How do the controls fair on keyboard and mouse though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.