Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pleased overall, but a little concerned about where the goals are going to come from in midfield. Considering we've lost Mahrez, Gundog plus KDD for half a season.

Gundog and Mahrez have been contributing on average 30 goals a season between them the past three seasons.

That said I have little doubt that Pep wont have a plan and somehow will do his magic.
The goals will be coming from Phil and Alvarez, those 2 combined got more goals than Gundo /Mahrez despite playing less minutes

With more football I'm sure they'll do even better next year

But also feel replacing Gundogan for Kovacic has made us more secure and has given us added control as Kova is slightly better defensively and beating a press if we are under pressure

So expect us to look more solid this year, even if it affects our goals

Also expect Doku to do chip in with a couple

Last season was almost perfection and it’s going to be almost impossible to sustain that.

However, what the club has done this summer has been seriously impressive. We’ve reduced the average age of the squad, for a modest net spend, whilst not really downgrading the quality of the team.

Aside from defence, I don’t think we’ve improved the immediate quality of the team but I suppose we didn’t have to. We’ve put the wheels in motion to sustain the current quality for a longer period.

The only negatives for me is losing Palmer and not adding another creative player. I think we’ve got a lot of dribblers in the side with little end product which might impact us at some point.

With KDB out for a while and not seeing enough of Doku, after Phil our most creative player is Rodri which says a lot really.

The goals will be coming from Phil and Alvarez, those 2 combined got more goals than Gundo /Mahrez despite playing less minutes

But also feel replacing Gundogan for Kovacic has made us more secure and has given us added control as Kova is slightly better defensively and beating a press if we are under pressure

Agreed. We will score less and concede less. As long as it gets us 3 points, I care not.

Yes good points on Alvarez and Phil, I agree they will step up and contribute more goals this season. I'm excited at the thought of both of them playing behind Harland.

This is an excellent breakdown of the squad and made me feel a good bit better about the window generally. I’m a little skeptical on Nunes as a signing in particular but overall we’ve done a fair job of shifting the squad’s average age downwards with high ceiling players without spending a ton. A KDB/Bernardo replacement and a winger need to be priorities next summer though.

Rodri will score 10 in the league this season. Already on 2 and will have more licence to go forward with the protection of Kovacic and Nunes in midfield.

Pep will find ways, there's no need for anyone to really worry about whete the goals are coming from.

Missing the obvious mate. Rodri has 2 in 3 games + an assist and will get many more as Kovacic allows him to play in advanced positions more frequently. I think he will post at least 15 this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.