Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which brings up the question.

Why would you buy back ups when you need to improve?
They were only ever gonna be viewed as that, replacing senior lads with 3-5 years of pep coaching in them regardless of how good/promise they have for me.

Gvardiol will prove quality and brought for the long term.
Doku I’m not quite as optimistic as some that he will be World Class but he has certainly got something and can be a game changer
Kovacic is a very good player, I think whilst he may not be an outright success ATM, he will prove good depth at worse and at best worthy first team player.
Nunes - Prove me wrong, I didn’t like the signing at the time and nothing has changed my mind, but will be something there the club have seen. He can certainly carry the ball at speed.

Paqueta looks a miss after todays performance
I think we need to stop calling him a miss given the situation with him. He wasn’t really available. Also, for what it’s worth, he’s had 4 assists in the last two games (5 all season), but only 3 last season. So I do think there is some decency bias in regards to his performance.

I rate our business bit worse after actually seeing the players for 6 months + now.
we did miss out on 3 big targets Bellingham, Rice, Paqueta, and all 3 would be a starter midfielder imo, to end up with Kovacic who is not a fixed starter and Nunes who is not even a regular sub, well this is something if it happens at the rags I laugh on them to be fair.
bit like liverpool missing out on Bellingham and Caicedo ending up with Wataru Endo. but at least got Mcallister through the door who is a crucial starter for them.

we should have done much better in the summer window after treble win. we had the money for it for sure.

Doku/Gvardiol both played relatively lot, both very young, talented, long term hopefully they will be great for us, albiet Gvardiol imo not a LB certainly not an offensive LB. I dont see any offensive skills about him in the shape of a Dani Alves, Cancelo, Maicon, TAA type of fullback of making sick crosses, getting goals from fullback, deliver lots of assists etc.
Doku has lot to improve fitness wise, tactically, off the ball if he does that he has a future at City.

but short term not one of these 4 players is an improvement on the player they are replacing from last season when they play. if we had just one player come in and blow away competition like Haaland last season. not a top star in the making like Haaland but someone who comes in, becomes a starter and the rest of the teams think fuck this is a magical transfer making them even stronger.
they dont say that so far of Gvardiol or Nunes for sure.

Rice does make Arsenal lot more solid than Xhaka did last year, also his leadership skills adds a bit more backbone to their team plus a few clutch goals already provided by him too. also he is never injured, able to start 36/37 PL games a season he did that for years at WHU too, he is a freak in that sense.
cost a shit load to Arse, but I would rather spend that much on someone like that than close to 60m on Nunes or 110m on Nunes+Phillips.

the shocking midfield recruitment is finally catching up. phillips was/is useless and probably cant even sell him with his terrible performances at west ham, kovacic is good but gets injured getting out of bed and nunes isnt trusted against good sides at all, maybe he will be good maybe he wont. it doesnt help that pep refuses to play actual midfielders in midfield either.

and we also lost gundogan, so theres that.

Very hit and miss. Our scouting network and transfer decision making needs a shake up.
I think this window was one for buying for 2-3 years from now.

Doku has shown flashes of talent but needs to improve his technique and reading of the game (It will come.) Gvardiol is one for now and the future.

At times, Nunes has shown he can be a very solid and respectable box-to-box player. but he has to get more consistent.

Kovacic, I think was Guardiola thinking he could replace Gundo but I just don't think he is the kind of player that can get into the box and get goals the way Gundo did. Something we have been lacking this season.

I think this window was one for buying for 2-3 years from now.

Doku has shown flashes of talent but needs to improve his technique and reading of the game (It will come.) Gvardiol is one for now and the future.

At times, Nunes has shown he can be a very solid and respectable box-to-box player. but he has to get more consistent.

Kovacic, I think was Guardiola thinking he could replace Gundo but I just don't think he is the kind of player that can get into the box and get goals the way Gundo did. Something we have been lacking this season.
Nunes was our most baffling purchase of Guardiola's reign. He showed nothing at Sporting or Wolves to suggest he's at the level we need.

Yes, he can run around a bit, but so can a triathlete. It doesn't make triathletes great footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.