Aston Villa (A) - Sat 3rd Sept, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but he's moaning on here every pre match thread :)

Like a broken clock though, you will eventually come right and you can come on here celebrating your prediction.

That lad ( presumably) picks a team , then says that team will lose, which is a little weird even for bluemoon.

Posts on the Villa fans website are almost all expecting a battering, debating how many Haaland will score and how many pints to have before the game to ease the misery. The only hope they see is in Watkins and in Bailey's pace.

It’s hard to know what to expect with Villa, they have done decent players but don’t look particularly well coached, yet they caused us problems twice last season.

I think Haaland’s goals have helped us cover over a few players not being fully up to sped as yet.

I expect they’ll come at us blood and thunder early on and trying sneak a goal before we settle. If we play well we’ll win, only question is whether villa stop us playing.

Just the fact that Haaland is in the starting XI is enough to scare the pants off anybody, don't care who it is. We've already got a headstart mentally, which is half the battle at this elite level. And that's before a ball has been kicked.

Villa 1-3 City

I don't think Gerrard said anything controversial tbf - both matches last season were pretty close. He acknowledged we're one of the best teams in the world and talked about wanting his side to be fearless and try to make things difficult for us - I'm not a fan of him but I don't know what else anyone was expecting him to say.

With the caveat that I'm often wrong, I see this one being a little more comfortable than both games last season. I think we'll win by 2 or 3.

I don't think Gerrard said anything controversial tbf - both matches last season were pretty close. He acknowledged we're one of the best teams in the world and talked about wanting his side to be fearless and try to make things difficult for us - I'm not a fan of him but I don't know what else anyone was expecting him to say.

With the caveat that I'm often wrong, I see this one being a little more comfortable than both games last season. I think we'll win by 2 or 3.
Exactly he can't exactly come out and say we're going to get a battering lol.

Would like us to absolutely batter them , their fans were c*nts after the Carabao Cup final and would be ironic if a Dipper hero gets sacked after this game , karma.
Expect Gerrard to pack his defence and midfield and aim for damage limitation , if Villa lose by the odd goal he will keep his job , but if we do hammer them would expect him to get the boot , don't slip on your arse on the way out of the door.

Posts on the Villa fans website are almost all expecting a battering, debating how many Haaland will score and how many pints to have before the game to ease the misery. The only hope they see is in Watkins and in Bailey's pace.
Oh for fucks sake. 1 nil home win then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.