Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

Right after the break, Jesus caused the flick-on from Ederson's long kick and Sterling finished sweetly through the keeper's legs. De Bruyne delivered into the box and (I think) Silva's flick made it 2. Fernandinho brilliant touch and almost scored himself, fell to Ilkay to nicely tuck it away. Respect everything the others have done for us but that's my favoured full-back pairing, hope to see a lot more. In fairness to him Gündoğan's really not a natural defender which is where my frustration comes in but I've always enjoyed his passing intelligence, think he does do better as a 6 and even before the goal I appreciated his all-round game. The only negative Fernandinho two yellows, guess it was our fault as I don't see us ever being given the benefit of the doubt in that kinda situation, not great but think we'll be ok. As he was electric as ever will go for Raheem motm, every match these days seems to be a parked bus which isn't the most fun to watch but we're doing the job well.

Played well. Bit wasteful. Pretty much could type the same thing every week!

How Grealish stayed on, yet Fernandinho was sent off, is beyond me.

Thought the same

However really stupid from Ferna and completely unnecessary

Think it will only be a one game ban as its two yellows and not a straight red.

On the other point - you can see why fans are tempted to jump on the pith and punch Grelish (Though of course I would never condemn such actions) - he is a horrible little shit and you can tell by his reactions to decisions he is full of himself and entitled as well. He cannt hold a a candle to Foden when it comes to ability

Jake ****phreys: “Well, well, well, with De Bruyne’s admission that David Silva touched the ball you could argue that goal should not stand and it changed the course of the game.”

Well, well, well... what an arse.
Could hardly believe my ears and then just burst out laughing. What planet is he on?

Still a bit wasteful in front of goal. Jesus should have had two and Silva should have had one. Just glad we got the three points and narrowed the gap.

Jake ****phreys: “Well, well, well, with De Bruyne’s admission that David Silva touched the ball you could argue that goal should not stand and it changed the course of the game.”

Well, well, well... what an arse.

Well, well, well, would still have been a goal. Clueless and any excuse for a little negativity from him.

Played well against yet another defensive team with little ambition. Eddie is by far the best keeper in the world. Gundo was class in the middle. Pressure on the Dippers now.

Job well done in the end.Not at our sharpest but I`ll take 3 points irrespective of the performance.Thought Jesus was quiet but it really is about time that Phil was given a PL start.Angelino didn`t do anything wrong and certainly is more comfortable on the ball than Mendy.

Played well. Bit wasteful. Pretty much could type the same thing every week!

How Grealish stayed on, yet Fernandinho was sent off, is beyond me.

Agree about Grealish. Fernandinho though really didn’t need to make that challenge, could see it coming too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.