Atlético Madrid v City (UEFA Youth League)

FantasyIreland said:
Quarters - City vs Benfica, Barca vs Arsenal, Chelsea vs Schalke, PSG vs Real Madrid

Building into quite a finale!

Just worth putting on record now

If the Rags have this much lauded 'youth system' ... where the f@@k are they (yet again) at this level ???

What a fantastic achievement, to get this far.

We were so far away from the European standard as a team, just a short while ago, that it's remarkable how far we have come.

I don't especially hold huge importance in results at youth/reserve level, beacue it's possible to make a strong team with no potential stars in it, but it seems we are producing both potential talent & a bit of fight & teamwork to go with it.

Well done to the U19s, although I'd actually forgotten the match was on. Not sure I could have watched via twitter anyway.

The good new is that these are the dates for the remaining matches :-

Quarter-finals (11/12, 18/19 March)
1 FC Barcelona v Arsenal FC
2 Chelsea FC v FC Schalke 04
3 Paris Saint-Germain v Real Madrid CF
4 Manchester City FC v SL Benfica

Semi-finals (11 April, Nyon)
Winner of quarter-final 3 v Winner of quarter-final 4
Winner of quarter-final 2 v Winner of quarter-final 1

Final (14 April, Nyon)
Winner of semi-final 1 v Winner of semi-final 2

Since Eurosport hold the media rights to broadcast up to two games per matchweek then they should be broadcasting all 4 quarter finals.
I'm presuming ours will be on the 19th of March.

What a fantastic result, great to see and English lad score the winner too! We have had tough games and have come through well. Seems Vieira is doing an excellent job so far. What a man to have at the helm, he is an idol for nearly every young player there is so to have him working for City is fantastic. Credit to what the club have done at youth team level and it will get even better when the new academy is open! Bring on Benfica, and then PSG or Real!

On those highlights it looks like 1-0 was a surprisingly low score, could easily have been a lot more goals at both ends and Devante Cole really could have had a hattrick of open nets. I was very surprised at Bossaerts pace, you really don't expect to see centerbacks playing fullback to be beating men for pace down the wing. Ambrose looks a talent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.