Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg - Tue 5th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a poll when the 1st one goes down for a 3 minute roll around faking injury or creates a furor out of a nothing tackle followed by handbags to break our rhythm with that short arsed overpaid snide **** on the sidelines jumping up and down complaining to the 4th official, pretending theres been an assault.
I'm going for minute 9.
As long as that?

The players looked to be in rhythm. I would have

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Ake
Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Sterling
De Bruyne
Grealish

Chances need to be taken otherwise we wont go past Atletico. I rate them highly in terms of CL knockout experience, ability to defend deep and digging deep for all kinds of dark arts. but that only works if they manage to get a good result in the first leg so they play to defend at home front of fans. if we win 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 4-0, 4-1 at home than its almost done.

they are not as strong as they were good 3-4 years ago, but they also punished a good Liverpool side 2 years ago in knockout stages going into the tie as favourites to lose.

We will create lot of chances, of course most of them will be half/quarter chances, lot of blocked shots, hopefully we try long shots too, but when we get through and find ourselves in great shooting chance with higher xG of them, we just cannot mumble and take time and miss target. Thr kind of things for example Jesus is doing regularly once he finds himself in great chance. those fuckers at Liverpool like Jota scoring from these regularly.

Levels stronger opponent than Sporting but we should be levels stronger than United was for them previous round. exciting tie, due to vastly different playing style.

Pretty sure Pep is rewatching the 2016 CL semis his Bayern side completely dominated both games vs Atletico but on away goals Atletico went to final. What Bayern did is not scoring away from home and had like 40 shots in second leg and only scored two. Bayern lost 1-0 in first leg in Madrid and only won 2-1 at home.

Pretty sure Mahrez will come in but Sterling actually hit a bit of form in last two games (international + Burnley). Sterling playing from the right is not bad at all, but Mahrez has the priority from Pep probably.

I would actually bench Grealish, and would start Foden on left, KDB as F9, because Grealish is almost guaranteed to not provide a goal or assist. he rarely does that while Foden can do both from left while getting lost as F9 especially against a hard men defence like Atletico.

Defence will be tricky, we are down 3 defenders and all three would probably start, Walker, Stones, Dias. Simeone knows this they will have to try to run a few attacks or counters as an -Cancelo-Ake-Laporte-Zinchenko defence can be punished if caught out.

The players looked to be in rhythm. I would have

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Ake
Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Sterling
De Bruyne
Grealish
Mahrez has to start instead of Grealish. I agree that Foden needs a rest before the big weekend game. Not sure we need three central defenders against a defensively minded outfit. Zinchenko will be fine.

This is going to be very tough game just because they are getting back into the form where they don’t let goals in and score one shut up shop. If we were playing the team that played in the group stages I’d be more confident of going through pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.