Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Interesting to see how many Bayern fans were celebrating their goal in the home end for a CL semi final at the Bernabeu
That was their allocation of premium tickets that they have to have in UEFA games. City fans sat in a similar place last month. Think City usually reserve that section for families of players and club staff.

City put them in Block 228.

That was their allocation of premium tickets that they have to have in UEFA games. City fans sat in a similar place last month. Think City usually reserve that section for families of players and club staff.

City put them in Block 228.
It wasn’t just that group they ran to when they scored, they were all around the ground. They stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of white

Was great in Athens tonight all things considered with the heat. I'm so glad for air con in my apartment in Athens right now

Apologies to bring this back up after many months but was curious especially after recent clips of the Villa lot enjoying themselves in Athens this week.

Aside from the actual match day experiences last year, how did everyone rate Athens compared to Istanbul?

I was only able to attend Istanbul which was emotionally & financially draining but was curious to hear from Blues who managed to attend both & their experiences of the two cities.

I enjoyed the Dortmund players running straight over to the Dortmund fans after the final whistle and celebrating with the Dortmund fans first. The players and the fans really do have a close relationship at Dortmund.

Marcus Reus starting a chant off with the megaphone, whilst embracing the Capo.

The other Dortmund players were further back behind him, joining in with the chant, and jumping up and down. (sound on)

Apologies to bring this back up after many months but was curious especially after recent clips of the Villa lot enjoying themselves in Athens this week.

Aside from the actual match day experiences last year, how did everyone rate Athens compared to Istanbul?

I was only able to attend Istanbul which was emotionally & financially draining but was curious to hear from Blues who managed to attend both & their experiences of the two cities.
I loved Athens and really enjoyed my 24-hour stay. Easy to get around and would recommend it highly. Saw some of the greatest hits and a very pleasant solo pub crawl.

I did an “in/out” to Istanbul so my experience was limited to a lot of time stood on some tarmac drinking €7 cans of Heineken before the game and stood up on a hot, overcrowded bus for 3 hours afterwards.

I loved Athens and really enjoyed my 24-hour stay. Easy to get around and would recommend it highly. Saw some of the greatest hits and a very pleasant solo pub crawl.

I did an “in/out” to Istanbul so my experience was limited to a lot of time stood on some tarmac drinking €7 cans of Heineken before the game and stood up on a hot, overcrowded bus for 3 hours afterwards.

Cheers for the insight. Yes have heard Athens is far more compact than Istanbul. Unfortunate to learn all you got to experience in Istanbul was the horrific transit debacle. Not to rub it in since I was fortunate to enough to spend a few days in Istanbul & was one of the best trips of my life. Aside from the result, was great experiencing a chaotic city & sharing it with a festival of Blues. Time just seemed endless over there & doubt I will forget Nevizade Street anytime soon.

I enjoyed the Dortmund players running straight over to the Dortmund fans after the final whistle and celebrating with the Dortmund fans first. The players and the fans really do have a close relationship at Dortmund.

Marcus Reus starting a chant off with the megaphone, whilst embracing the Capo.

The other Dortmund players were further back behind him, joining in with the chant, and jumping up and down. (sound on)

40 thousand at Wembley should be good ;)

Thought Athens was a great city, but in the centre it wasn’t really set up for groups of fans etc. Piraeus has more open space at the harbour and decent before the match.

But as a city itself very nice and cultural, would take the Mrs if I went again.

As a football fan I had a much better time in Istanbul, especially the way all the bars had made a real effort with us etc.

Was in madrid last night and as much as I despise that club, the bus welcome was very impressive. Hadnt seen anything like it. Well controlled as well.

A few of our bus welcomes on big match days have been decent too but if could possibly attempt to emulate theirs in any way i think it would be fantastic. But im sure the logistics, manchester police etc, all put a spanner in the works.

Was in madrid last night and as much as I despise that club, the bus welcome was very impressive. Hadnt seen anything like it. Well controlled as well.

A few of our bus welcomes on big match days have been decent too but if could possibly attempt to emulate theirs in any way i think it would be fantastic. But im sure the logistics, manchester police etc, all put a spanner in the works.
I always think the 9pm start in Spain and the rest of Europe helps get more people to events like this.

The truth is that cause of work, a lot would struggle to make a 6:30 bus welcome, but would be able to if it was 7:30

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.