Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I must be like you then. ;-)

We‘ve discussed it on here constantly throughout the season. You must have missed it?

Trying to keep it sensible. :-)

The demographics of our home support has changed massively over the last few seasons with more and more ’football fans’, tourists, day trippers, half and half scarfers, away fans in the home ends, etc, filling the seats at the Etihad and replacing (legacy) City fans.

There‘s also been a large increase in premium hospitality areas and seating around the ground. Which may be further expanded when the North stand is open?

There are still on-going stringent season ticket checks outside certain blocks at the Etihad that start the singing and atmosphere off. I’ve posted about that happening at the entrances to blocks 114, 115 and 116. The most vocal part of the Etihad.

All of this and more has had an adverse impact on the atmosphere at the Etihad, in my opinion. That doesn’t mean you or other forum members have to agree with me.

I get it. I understand. More non City fans want to watch City. City are the best team in the world atm. Pep is the best manager in the world. The club want to increase match day revenue to catch up with the other PL clubs that are making more than money than City on a match day. The club have stated that on numerous occasions. I’m not blind to the reasons why City are doing what they are doing commercially.(playing Devils Advocate)

Even at away games it has been different. There have been certain away games where away tickets have got into the hands of tourists, day trippers, football fans, half and halfers, vloggers, youtubers, etc, and the away end has been shite. And then there have been away games like yesterday, Palace, etc, where the vast majority of our away support has been made up of legacy fans and the away support has been brilliant, to the extent that we and many other fans from other clubs think we have the best away support in the PL.(whilst saying our home support is shit)

The fact that City are proposing 700 GA+ seats at the front of the new NSL2 doesn’t fill me and other City fans with hope that the club want to create a proper and atmospheric home end.

We’re still waiting for any information on the North stand after 2 meetings between the club and fans representatives, with a 3rd meeting now arranged. The club asked/told the the fans representatives at the 2nd meeting not to discuss in public what had been discussed at the meeting due to ‘commercial confidentiality’. Hmmm?

On the plus side. City have made 600 more season tickets available, which is a positive move by the club. Hopefully when the new North stand opens with 8000 extra seats, 1000’s of new season tickets will be made available by the club, as demand for season tickets is clearly there.
Excellent, correct and rational comment.

Yet further evidence of the need for a proper Supporters Trust to take advantage of the incoming Football regulator and have a proper, democratic and fully accountable independent forum to challenge the Club when it gets things wrong (and yes, even celebrate when it get's things right - like the extra STs).

Credit to all those involved in the OSCs and City Matters - but a Trust, without any access to any privileges or tickets, empowered by government regulation - would hold the Club to account. I know that some are thinking about this - but let's get it done.

It’s a pity Noel didn’t give his ticket to someone who wanted to support the boys. Credit to everyone around him though.

Occupying the seat isn’t support.

It’s a pity Noel didn’t give his ticket to someone who wanted to support the boys. Credit to everyone around him though.

Occupying the seat isn’t support.
One of the few who didn't join in the poznan. His choice but don't think it's done him any favours.
Notice his mate Mike Pickering from the 90's group M people was with him. He took part in the poznan and looked like he enjoyed it.
Each to their own.

Excellent, correct and rational comment.

Yet further evidence of the need for a proper Supporters Trust to take advantage of the incoming Football regulator and have a proper, democratic and fully accountable independent forum to challenge the Club when it gets things wrong (and yes, even celebrate when it get's things right - like the extra STs).

Credit to all those involved in the OSCs and City Matters - but a Trust, without any access to any privileges or tickets, empowered by government regulation - would hold the Club to account. I know that some are thinking about this - but let's get it done.
There needs to be more honesty amongst fans too. We lost 4 points against Palace and Spurs when there had been an exodus from the so called singing sections and elsewhere in the ground. That includes parts of the ground where tickets are cheaper Hopefully, those 4 points won’t come back to bite us on the arse.

Last edited:
Celebrating when we score is supporting the team? Are you sure?

I presume that’s his lad next to him? Well he and Mick Pickering could be seen singing and doing the poznan.
I’m not sticking up for him.
Just because he wasn’t doing the Poznan doesn’t mean he isn’t supporting the team.
That was one moment during the match when the camera focused on him.
For all we know he could have been joining in the singing throughout the match.
It’s a shame he didn’t start an Oasis classic off that we all could have joined in with.
Sorry, but I’m honestly not getting the faux outrage and backlash against him because he decided not to join in with the Poznan. Maybe he was looking at it and soaking the moment up instead and enjoying the Poznan that way?
I doubt very much he thought I’m a rock star and I’m too cool to do the Poznan, which some City fans are claiming was the reason why he didn’t join in with the Poznan.

95 minutes at Spuds......

“We love you Tottenham we do
we love you Tottenham we do
we love you Tottenham we doooo
oh Tottenham we love you”.

I hope !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.