Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Football Intellects like Pep didn’t grow up supporting and following a team all over Europe so you can’t really expect him to understand what it’s like to live in the shoes of loyal supporters. However he does know what a noisy crowd can do to lift the team when things arn’t going so well. He was used to having that at Bayern and Barcelona so I can see what he gets frustrated at times.

I’ve been to Barcelona 3 times watching City. I’ve watched Barcelona numerous times on the TV like most people. The atmosphere at the Camp Nou can be absolutely flat with 90,000 fans inside the ground. Bayern Munich is a totally different matter with the Ultra section behind the goal. City fans won’t buy into the Ultra way of supporting. Pep has been at City for 7 years now. He knows what the English and PL atmospheres are like, and how they ebb and flow.

It was only in September 2021 that Pep had a go at the fans for not turning out for the RB Leipzig game, that pissed City fans off, made the headlines, with Kevin Parker getting involved. Pep stated he was misquoted and misunderstood.

But the flak and the piss taking of City’s support once again followed soon afterwards.

972A64D6-9953-4071-801E-9B89960C103F.jpeg

Last edited:
A shame Pep felt the need to say what he did. It wasn't a game for a 12.30 post-International break. It was always going to be a bit flat. There are wider factors like pricing and where the tickets are going, which he could look into. He's seen us be flat before. And he's seen us be incredible. He's been here long enough to know what factors influence the different crowds.

We all know it could and probably should have been better on Saturday. But it was just one of those days sadly. I don't think it needed commenting on though. The first game at home this year we haven't won so we can't be that bad can we!

A shame Pep felt the need to say what he did. It wasn't a game for a 12.30 post-International break. It was always going to be a bit flat. There are wider factors like pricing and where the tickets are going, which he could look into. He's seen us be flat before. And he's seen us be incredible. He's been here long enough to know what factors influence the different crowds.

We all know it could and probably should have been better on Saturday. But it was just one of those days sadly. I don't think it needed commenting on though. The first game at home this year we haven't won so we can't be that bad can we!
I don't think Pep's comments were helpful and I'm not sure how he thinks he can get the Tunnel Club fired up! But he's the best manager we've ever had and I'm used to him coming out with these comments from time to time.

As you say, the early kick-off didn't help and I don't think the Liverpool fans were all that either apart from when they equalised. I would add that the limbs in SS1 when we scored were pretty mental though and out of sync with the general atmosphere. I think if we'd gone 2-0 up the roof would've come off the place. It was better last season when we beat them 4-1 and that was a Saturday 12.30 kick-off following an international break.

I soon realised as I approached the stadium on Saturday with my stomach churning feeling sick with the amount of half and halves I was seeing that the atmosphere would be as flat as a witches tit, tbh it wasn't quite as bad as I expected, with the restrictions on the songs we are now not allowed to sing telling them what they are does not help, on the flip side I was surprised there we still maybe 25-30k in the ground at full time....

I dont think there are any excuses for the poor atmosphere on saturday, who cares if it is 12.30 KO, doenst stop us from singing. We showed we can sing after the goal for 5 mines then went flat again, sorry but if going to a game one and half hours early effects how vocal we are then we are always going to have flat atmosphere. In the grand scheme of things why should it make a difference ?

Again we had fans going for a beer in 115 area at 35 mins, we where one nil up and going forward for a goal ffs.

The change is the culture and why we go to watch football, this is changing. Then the fans seem to come up with other reasons.

As for pep comments, needs to keep things like that to himself, it isnt going to help at all. Not his best publicity stunt by a long way.

I don't think Pep's comments were helpful and I'm not sure how he thinks he can get the Tunnel Club fired up! But he's the best manager we've ever had and I'm used to him coming out with these comments from time to time.

As you say, the early kick-off didn't help and I don't think the Liverpool fans were all that either apart from when they equalised. I would add that the limbs in SS1 when we scored were pretty mental though and out of sync with the general atmosphere. I think if we'd gone 2-0 up the roof would've come off the place. It was better last season when we beat them 4-1 and that was a Saturday 12.30 kick-off following an international break.

The corresponding fixture last season was better yes. But that was in April and the stakes are higher then. It was just one of those days. It's not a surprise from Pep and he has said plenty of things that have annoyed fans over the years. In Mancini we had someone who just stuck it to our rivals and everyone loved it. Pep has consistently talked up the history boys, which is largely to take pressure off, but has been annoying at times (in my opinion). The PL charges seemed to finally reveal to him what we have to deal with. I do think it was a heat of the moment thing. He loves records and was rightly disappointed not to win the game, that's why he's the best in the business. It's also the sort of comment that people will get pissed off with and make more noise next time, so it's win win for him! We'll show you Pep! It's a long season and he's doing his best to get the players motivated to make history, from time to time maybe we need a little kick to show the same passion and mentality - they can't do it without us.

I’ve been to Barcelona 3 times watching City. I’ve watched Barcelona numerous times on the TV like most people. The atmosphere at the Camp Nou can be absolutely flat with 90,000 fans inside the ground. Bayern Munich is a totally different matter with the Ultra section behind the goal. City fans won’t buy into the Ultra way of supporting. Pep has been at City for 7 years now. He knows what the English and PL atmospheres are like, and how they ebb and flow.

It was only in September 2021 that Pep had a go at the fans for not turning out for the RB Leipzig game, that pissed City fans off, made the headlines, with Kevin Parker getting involved. Pep stated he was misquoted and misunderstood.

But the flak and the piss taking of City’s support once again followed soon afterwards.

View attachment 99780
Agree with most of you post but I also think Bayern is a very flat atmosphere. Surprisingly poor for a German stadium which are usually good.

Let’s get Leipzig out of the way. I’m sure Spurs will be totally different. A Sunday, 4.30pm kick off. In the dark.(akin to a night match) Under the lights.(and a laser beam show?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.