Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
So my son is acquainted with the lad that got attacked and apparently what happened was:

A group of young Huddersfield fans around 16-18 years old were clearly trying to make a name for themselves. They were apparently spitting at people on the tram and being generally threatening towards everyone.

A group of young city fans of ages 14-16 have clearly done the stupid thing and given the pricks the attention they were looking for.

The rest can be seen in the video where it's clear a young lad has sustained an injury to the head, supposedly from a pint glass.

Fortunately, the lad made his own way to Stepping Hill hospital and is doing well, no serious harm thank god.

I'm not condoning anything that happened during that incident, but I've spoken with someone I know very well who was not involved, but an eyewitness to the whole thing and the video doing the rounds does not give context to the whole incident apparently. There was wrongdoing from both sides, including alleged racial slurs from a couple of the City lads which I've been told sparked off the fighting. As for the lad making his way to hospital...well he certainly took his time as there is another video doing the rounds of him wearing the dried blood like a badge of honour and laughing and joking with his pals.

I'm not looking for an argument and again, I'm certainly not condoning anything that went on, particularly as this was on public transport, but it's important to keep an open mind when you don't have the full context. It'll all be on camera so just let the police work it out.

And dont tar all of us with the same brush. Every club has it's dickheads.

I'm not condoning anything that happened during that incident, but I've spoken with someone I know very well who was not involved, but an eyewitness to the whole thing and the video doing the rounds does not give context to the whole incident apparently. There was wrongdoing from both sides, including alleged racial slurs from a couple of the City lads which I've been told sparked off the fighting. As for the lad making his way to hospital...well he certainly took his time as there is another video doing the rounds of him wearing the dried blood like a badge of honour and laughing and joking with his pals.

I'm not looking for an argument and again, I'm certainly not condoning anything that went on, particularly as this was on public transport, but it's important to keep an open mind when you don't have the full context. It'll all be on camera so just let the police work it out.

It’s one thing having a punch up mate, quite another smashing a glass in someone’s face.

It’s one thing having a punch up mate, quite another smashing a glass in someone’s face.

Whilst I certainly do agree with that, I was also told that the pint glass thing isn't right and that everyone drinking had a can, but I'm old enough to know how quickly tales get out of hand! Look, whilst I trust the guy I spoke to about it 100% as he's just your normal fifty-something, never-been-in-a-fight type of guy, I wasn't there and have the same footage as everyone else has seen on which to try and draw a conclusion, but every person on that tram will probably point a different finger as to who caused what, who did what, etc, so it's for the authorities to determine the truth, not us.

If anything, I'm just annoyed that once again the younger end of our support have gotten involved another ugly incident at an away game. It's been creeping back in for the past few years and I know a few people who can't be arsed going to away games anymore because of stuff like this. I'm sure I speak on behalf of all good Town fans in saying we can't apologise enough for the behaviour of these bell ends.

Watched on tv and it was great to see so many young kids and families. Even if before ko they kept showing a young kiddie with a right monk on lol.

Atmosphere was never going to be great but it was ok, picked up nicely when KDB came on.

Huddersfield very quiet apart from the first 10 minutes.

I was sat in ESL3, block 307, yesterday. The myth that the songs, noise and the atmosphere doesn’t travel around the Etihad is that, just a myth. I could clearly hear the Huddersfield fans, so I would have clearly heard the City fans singing if they were in their usual seats in SSL3. I could clearly hear SSL1 as well, even though the away end given over to City fans wasn’t full, and there were empty seats in the other SSL1 blocks, meaning those blocks weren’t as full as they usually are with (PL match) singers. I could even make out in which blocks the songs were being started and were mostly being sung, 115, 116 and even in 117. TBH I couldn’t see or hear blocks 111, 110, 109. I couldn’t see if they were joining in with the singing or not. From what I remember ESL3 joined in with stand up for champions, we want 10, briefly, and champions again, half heartedly. Bar joining in with those 3 chants it was pretty much silence In ESL3. TBH, they didn’t look or come across as the type of City fan that sings much, if you know what I mean. No offence. :-) They would rather watch the match. Which is fair enough.

One thing is clear, some **** put a glass in someone’s face. I don’t know who the **** is or which team the **** supports but there is NO justification for behaviour of that sort, and I hope the **** gets what he deserves

One thing is clear, some **** put a glass in someone’s face. I don’t know who the **** is or which team the **** supports but there is NO justification for behaviour of that sort, and I hope the **** gets what he deserves

If the glass rumour turns out to be true, then I fully agree with every word you say.

If the glass rumour turns out to be true, then I fully agree with every word you say.
I am pretty sure it is true. Assuming it’s the same incident, the best mate of the lad who got glassed (allegedly) is a friend of my youngest and his friend was with him at the time and confirmed it. Appreciate you’re a decent bloke but your general support yesterday was very negative and small time, with some isolated acts of aggression, in my opinion. I can only say that before yesterday I had a soft spot for huddersfield, I don’t any more. You are clearly a decent bloke and I wish you no ill will.

How is that relevant? It’s a kid who’s just been glassed in the face. Whether it’s a city fan or a Huddersfield fan.

We don’t have the full context of it, but I don’t think anything justifies that attack. He could literally have been blinded.

I don’t think everyone is taring all Huddersfield fans with the same brush. We have plenty of idiots ourselves. What was clear yesterday though was that you had a small minority of what I would describe as teenagers trying to act all aggressive. Your older fans looked embarrassed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.