Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Georgies were embarrassing singing their childish seat songs like a third division team.

They'd be better off supporting their shite midtable team...1 shot on target in a 6th round FA cup tie...one of the worst teams at the Etihad this year !!

Embarrassing, but the brain dead Georgies are too giddy and stupid to recognise it.

They'll spend all week glorying in the pathetic seat songs.
For how long now have they been singing that stupid 'empty seats' chant ? Must be 12 to 15 years IIRC. That's a club with an empty trophy cabinet. It really makes them sound small time and by now you would think they could come up with something more original and relevant. Personally I don't mind the Geordies individually as they're usually affable enough. I also have a lot of sympathy for the way they've been screwed over by FFP constraints. Unfortunately when you get hordes of them together in one place they can be a self-righteous pain in the arse.

When the North stand expansion is up and running we’ll have no excuses as regards the atmosphere and our support as we’ll have 10,000 City fans at the North stand end of the Etihad facing 8000 away fans at the South stand end of the Etihad in the domestic cup competitions in the future.

I’d like to hope and believe the directors, including Danny Wilson, and the other City staff bringing forward the North stand redevelopment have continually taken notice of the atmosphere created by 6000 away fans on SSL3.

I appreciate there is a difference between 8000 home fans and 6000 away fans regarding support. Away followings that size will always tend be louder as a rule.
Exactly, but it will at least allow us a chance of competing with them in games like this.

With the current set up, there's literally no set of fans in the country that could stand in SS1 and compete with away fans in both SS2 and SS3

We sit in 104 and couldn’t hear any noise at all last night coming from either home or away fans in South Stand. Huddersfield were much louder

Each to their own, but I’m long past the point of caring what away fans say and sing about us.

We are hated, envied and ridiculed. The Tarquins will be belting out that wanky “shit club no history” song within 60 seconds. Whatever floats their insecure little boat.

I quit social media and stay in the City bubble (Bluemoon, Big Steve et al). It’s infinitely better.

The atmosphere should improve a lot with the North Stand.

In the meantime just enjoy the ride.

That was Fuckin shit. The newcastle fans were fucking brilliant. 2 nil down and they were having a better time than us they never stoped singing all game and were very loud.I was looking around at our fans everyone sat with a miserable faces on them looking at there phones. Tried to get chants going but i just got looked at as if I was a complete wrongun. The atmosphere has been worse than it's ever been. Doesn't matter about having a singing end you need the right people in that end to sing. I had a good look around our fan's today and I might piss people of here but we have alot of old and middle aged posh fans. These fans dont want to open there mouths or clap there hands as they dont want to look like a dick. Is it really that hard to sing or even clap your hands fuck me. Might as well stay at home and watch it on tv. I was actually hoping newcastle would score just to wake our fans up a bit jesus christ.

Guess it depends where you are in the ground. We were in 121 and thought it was good. Two young lads behind us were great at getting it going.

I thought the Newcastle fans made noise ( couldnt make out the words lol ).
With 9000 having the top two tiers that was always going to be the case.

Anyway we enjoyed the day

Each to their own, but I’m long past the point of caring what away fans say and sing about us.

We are hated, envied and ridiculed. The Tarquins will be belting out that wanky “shit club no history” song within 60 seconds. Whatever floats their insecure little boat.

I quit social media and stay in the City bubble (Bluemoon, Big Steve et al). It’s infinitely better.

The atmosphere should improve a lot with the North Stand.

In the meantime just enjoy the ride.
Stick with " The Blues Brothers" !!!

So my take (not that it matters)

We know the ground wasn't built to make the best of the atmosphere being created in the stadium, and the 3rd tier of the south stand certainly improves the atmosphere based on the sound travelling down.

When the North stands finished we keep imagining we can make it a super way of being atmospheric but it won't happen, we all know it will be to cater for hospitality or happy clappers.

I know this is usually down to the police making these choices, but we need to not cut up so much of the south stand to allow away fans to sit with cup games. surely giving them an extra block alongside the current away-end allocation is much better, than moving two tiers of home fans.

Pre-match and halftime entertainment is bland as hell and needs changing drastically. That yesterday at halftime was embarrassing to watch, no surprise plenty had pissed off into the concourses at HT. Would rather watch our games under Stuart Pearce on repeat instead of that shit!!!

Nobody's paying interest to NP and the team when the guests they have on, yet they are a lot of the time usually very interesting to hear about, why not do these interviews pitch side at HT?

The two singing sections we have on either side of the away fans? WTF has happened to it? it feels like it's 2003 again, and nobody knows one another.

Last year was one of the best seasons ever, the team were great (still are) and also because fans created an atmosphere for me at the Etihad it was great and reported as being superb.

As soon as I heard a small chant of the Edin Dzeko chant. you know the atmosphere is flat, why are clubs with singing groups/Ultras always able to move their singing contingent about and still create a racket? Palace, and Rangers are just two examples in the UK who have moved their singing groups a number of times around the ground and not lost anything.

Time for action now, 1894 needs to come up with some big ideas and people follow what they do, or either let someone else do it. It's fine getting pissed up in the bar in South Stand Lower and having a sing-song, but why not in the stands?

Could the club not build some form of see-through plastic perspex sheets just under the 2nd tier of the south stand so the noise from the 1st tier actually sounds like it's loud? Stadium acoustics so to speak

THE GEORDIES

Had to laugh when they tried to pronounce seats! Sounded like sheets, couldn't talk properly!!

When teams like that come out with shite like that (I actually thought the ground looked quite full) and also ignore their own problems of fans not showing up in the past (pre keegan, relegation, Mike Ashley, just being shit fans) then its time to give up for them.

Any who, rant over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.