Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Meet a guy in mary d’s last night who flew over solo from Austin Texas brought a ticket and meal from vermillion direct from club for £250 .. not even a city fan just wanted to come to the game. Was a good lad to be fare had a pint with him and met him after game but it’s madness someone can just rock up and do that .
All about the money, our club has changed forever

Handled well there, made his point and didn’t go overboard and (hopefully) didn’t get himself in bother.
Shouldn’t be our responsibility to deal with these situations though, the club pay money for stewards and security to make sure this shit doesn’t happen

The ticket compliance officer will be more concerned with people getting in on concessions without paying for upgrades than the agency selling, and also will prioritise making it impossible for blues to transfer to each other, so they have to return them to the club for premium reselling. Matchday purchased tickets are non-transferable per the T&Cs. You must return them, for the big games anyway.

The club must be involved with the agencies, they simply have to be, they have thousands of tickets.
The agencies help shift tickets for the lower category games so I assume get looked after for the bigger games as well. They never really drop the prices hugely, and are happy to leave empty seats rather than than drop them too low close to kick off, or everyone would wait. I was looking constantly on Live football and ticombo, the very cheapest started at £360, being £300 plus fees, and dropped to about £180 plus fees, so £240 by kick off.

The club started the off-site buffet at £340, and it sold out, so they launched another batch at £500, same thing, just priced to meet demand.

If someone wants to pay £500 to watch a football match, the club would be nuts not to harvest that market. As a matchday purchaser that means I'm fcked for future ticket availability, no matter how many years I've been going, or points I have, a very small number of tickets will go to matchday purchasers for big UCL games, and United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

What really bugs me is the scramble for tickets, then being surrounded by passionless observers, empties and Scousers in the East Stand 3 for Liverpool at home. Kick off time didn't help, but it was terrible.

It's going to get worse before it gets better

So why are they recruiting a ticket compliance officer who's job surely will be to stop this? Makes no sense. As we all know season ticket holders aren't coming to these games so are they buying the tickets then selling on for a quite tempting profit?
I think it’s to stop ordinary fans selling on tickets on things like the ticket exchange on Facebook. The club have partnerships with companies/ agencies and sell on large numbers of tickets at high prices, which are unavailable to ordinary fans - they aren’t going to stop that.

It’s literally rows of tickets - it’s not fans buying them and selling them on.

The Arab lads next to me in the Colin Bell top tier whilst often glued to their phones certainly enjoyed the game and intriguingly hooted like an owl to celebrate Kevs goal.
Had a good go at most songs and is welcome back anytime especially as like it or not he reflects the demographic of the people who actually fund our treble winners.

3rd game in a row with a lot of Americans possibly more than watch our US owned rivals. All a bit surreal to this old fart as is having my season ticket on my phone!

So why are they recruiting a ticket compliance officer who's job surely will be to stop this? Makes no sense. As we all know season ticket holders aren't coming to these games so are they buying the tickets then selling on for a quite tempting profit?
I think yesterday has shown there are is far too many of these non City fans getting tickets for it just to be a lot of cup schemers selling their tickets on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.