Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It wasn’t our best atmosphere for an FA Cup semi-final but it wasn’t our worst either.
Not too bad in block 111 but I think songs tend to travel better from the upper tier at Wembley. There was one touristy bloke - wearing City colours - on our row who had the biggest camera I think I’ve ever seen. Fuck knows how much it cost him. Anyway, he was complaining that we were too bunched up on our row. I told him “Mate, if we score you’re getting squashed”. I didn’t mean it but that’s exactly what did happen when we scored. The young pup next to me went flying into me, I sent my mate flying, who in turn went flying into touristy camera bloke and we all ended up in a heap on the floor. My right side is fucking painful today!

I was in 519 and it was full of tourists and a few Chelsea fans also it was really strange. Most of them didn’t even look interested in the match and just sat on the their phones it was a strange atmosphere in that block.

It wasn’t our best atmosphere for an FA Cup semi-final but it wasn’t our worst either.
Not too bad in block 111 but I think songs tend to travel better from the upper tier at Wembley. There was one touristy bloke - wearing City colours - on our row who had the biggest camera I think I’ve ever seen. Fuck knows how much it cost him. Anyway, he was complaining that we were too bunched up on our row. I told him “Mate, if we score you’re getting squashed”. I didn’t mean it but that’s exactly what did happen when we scored. The young pup next to me went flying into me, I sent my mate flying, who in turn went flying into touristy camera bloke and we all ended up in a heap on the floor. My right side is fucking painful today!
That's what it's all about. Hugging complete strangers and thinking you only have about three seconds to live when a goal like that goes in. I remember being squashed at Old Trafford and ending up with someone's Vick's Vapour spray in my eye when Rosler scored there in the FA Cup. Wouldn't change those moments for anything.

We were in 516 and not a bad atmosphere. We're only 5-6 games a season citizens from the Midlands so not hardcore fans, but it seemed to me that most people were proper fans. Lots of family groups, mom and 2 teen lads next to us, family of 6 across 3 generations below us. Lots of singing led by a few proper FOC's around us. My wife was amazed by one of them about 70 who never stopped, turning round to egg people on, leading the choir -as it were. Made a big difference, so my cap is doffed fella. 2 yampy young oriental girls constantly taking pics and pouting near the end of a row, at half time and after the game (my lad said that's for Instagram. Er OK then!!)

I couldn’t go yesterday, so I can’t really comment on the atmosphere. One thing I have noticed from other Wembley visits is to get the atmosphere going it’s usually by singing the city classics - the songs that are well known and can spread throughout the ground.

It would be great to see a the 1894 group do a display for the final, which I would happily contribute to as well.

Seemed very quiet everywhere, we’re in the Premier Inn next to the stadium and bar was half empty before the game, normally it’s packed. In Block 120 only half a dozen of us singing, most didn’t know any of the songs. But we won, so still a decent day out
No wonder at £7.50 a pint :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.