Autobiographies good or bad?

Bluview

Given Coton’s book for Christmas and read some on train on way back from Palace today, stayed down for NYE.

Don’t usually have a lot of time for reading and I really can’t make up my mind whether these books are for me or not.

Great anecdotes but can’t help thinking how much time and money I wasted years ago watching shite played by some who didn’t care less. Even worse when you read about Kendall just getting pissed on the club and rinsing the players in front of the staff. I think I’d just rather not know.

I suppose it’s like meeting players.

I know it’s not a big deal but wondered how everyone else feels when reading these?

I got the David White biography for Christmas. He was a big hero of mine when he was playing. As per the Op would be interested to hear what blue Mooners think of this or other biographies

Paul lake’s in one of the best books i’ve ever read, truely heartbraking at points how we treated him :-(

Paul Lakes is a must read.
Very good. Because of adversity his life is actually interesting. The problem with a lot of footballers bios is that they are just not that interesting. The life of a thirty year old that's spent every waking moment since the age of ten kicking a ball is essentially quite dull.

Paul Lake’s was good and then read Robert Enke and fuck me that book grabs you by the throat a proper read.

Also liked Uwe, Andy Morrison and Sumerbee for City

For a laugh Jimmy Bullard was good

Read the Paul Stewart book in two days, that he had the career he did after what happened to him as a boy is remarkable.Him, Ian Bishop & Uve were heroes of mine and all three have produced great books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.