Away Goals

masterwig

15 goals in 16 away games is why we are struggling.

People always seem to say we have no trouble scoring, it is at the other end that we are weak but I think that is wrong.

When you consider that we scored 3 at Sunderland and 2 at Hull and Villa and Blackburn it means we have played a lot of games away from home without scoring. In some of the games we have barely threatened. We're never going to win away games if we don't score at least one goal.

In the last game at Chelsea I felt we defended superbly but the attack is limper than Pele's dick. The difference a top front line striker will make is massive. With Liverpool for example, you always feel they have a chance of scoring while Torres is on the pitch, even if the team isn't playing well. We don't have anyone that opponents will fear ahead of a game with us.

Of course you could argue that we have managed at home well enough but the fact is that teams are more defensive at our place so it means we have more opportunities to create chances. A single goal is often enough at home. In away games teams are more likely to attack us so there is some inevitability that they will score at least once. This means we have to try and get some goals.

I'd suggest changing tactics and playing 2 up front in away games but I can't see that happening. We really do need a centre forward with strength and a bit of height who can be a focal point for our attacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.