Badly treated by City, Yes or No. ?

Whitworth Park said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I was at the Swindon game in '65 too....

Were you that young lad stood next to me always moaning?............:-)

If you were in the open scoreboard end then probably.
Not many of us in there.
The bloke i was with,, he was a few years older, got to the turnstile with me and turned back.
You couldn't get in the scoreboard end. It was packed. I just managed to get into the Kippax that day.

(I know at least 60,000 people that were in that 8,015 against Swindon - almost as many as at York away a few years later)

We DESERVE cheaper seasoncards over 65 - you kids have not been what we've been through watching City!

Young whippersnappers.

el bee said:
Conversely my lad is 22 on the 2nd of August so gets another year on a concessionary rate - result.
He'll (I'll) have to pay adult prices for any Cup tickets though - so guess you'll only have to pay OAP rates for these.

I'm 22 a few days before so I'll be paying the adult rate, hope your son sticks his cheap season ticket up his arse ;)

at least I'll be the one laughing when it comes to us moving to the OAP bracket

Whitworth Park said:

Not many of us in there.
The bloke i was with,, he was a few years older, got to the turnstile with me and turned back.

Yeah, I was in the scoreboard end, it was half empty like a reserve team game..and bloody freezing too, if I remember correctly...

And Buzzer scored for Swindon in their 2-1 win.........

Whitworth Park said:

Not many of us in there.

Yeah, I was in the scoreboard end, it was half empty like a reserve team game..and bloody freezing too, if I remember correctly...

And Buzzer scored for Swindon in their 2-1 win.........
And it was pissing down , a really grey Manchester day. I was in the Kippax desperately hoping we could salvage some pride after a 3rd round FA cup exit to Shrewsbury in a replay earlier in the week. Should have known better.

I would say its unfortunate for you but I'm with the club on this one, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

If the whole of the ball hasn't crossed the line,then it isn't a goal.

I'm afraid a line has to be drawn somewhere pal. But don't let it spoil your birthday celebrations. The real question is where's my invite for the party lol
I've never forgotten that trip to Werder Bremen (8-0 defeat ) in a mini bus when you drove us all the way and back via PSV Eindhoven (1-1 )
Arriving at bremen training ground to see the full squad mid session. Then mingling with all the players was great. To top it off City gave us all free tickets to that evenings match.
That must have been near your birthday on that trip. Tho we didn't need an excuse to drink on that jaunt.
Remember. .. Theres a minky en de roof ? Lol
Aah memories

Word of warning. Never ever put 65 candles on a cake.

You need to be a big poof to blow it out!

I understand the train of thought that being charged for an adult ticket despite being 65 when the season starts is wrong, as others have said the line has to be drawn somewhere, so why not the day before the season starts?

great when the time comes I will be 65 in may so I will be able to get a cheaper st, trouble is its a few years time and I wont be able to afford it

Although I'm bald and not so thin now, when I was a young man I looked young for my age.

When I was training to be a teacher the headmistress of the school where I was doing my teaching practice stopped me in the corridor and asked me why I was not wearing the proper school uniform.

But at least I got through the boys gate at Maine Rd until I was 23.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.