Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

i think that doesn’t count for this round of awards.

Ok, my bad. Thought given it isn't for another 2 months and the cup was a month ago, it would. But makes sense to keep it to a conventional season.

I love the headline '8 Manchester United and Manchester City players nominated for the Ballon D'Or'. Properly laughed out loud.

Last edited:
I think the one thing working against haaland is that he wasn't definitively the best city player last season. Would seem odd for a player to get the ballon d'or based on club accomplishments but for most to say Rodri or KDB was actually the best player for city.

Hah sorry no, that was me accidentally, must have saved it from the last time I was sarcastic on here. The numbers were my point.
Haha , I was thinking that surely can't be a headline ! Having said that we must not give the fuckers any ideas !!!

Haaland
Premier League
Champions League
FA Cup
UEFA Super Cup
Premier League Golden Boot
Champions League Golden Shoe
⚽️ Premier League Single Season goals record
⚽️ Six Hat tricks
⚽️ 5 goals in a single CL game
Sports Writers POTY
PFA POTY
Champions League POTY
MCFC POTY

Messi
Ligue 1
World Cup
⚽️ MLS goal of the month

Messis time is over and has been for 2 years.
Great kudos for getting it over the line for Argentina and completing his set. But this season there should only be one winner and its Haaland.
100% to include Messi is a joke, but he'll most likely win it as a life time achievement award

Last edited:
Messi will easily get this.. This is an individual award, what matters is first the individual performance and then at least one trophy. Haaland ghosted in all key games, was bailed out by his teammates in 7 semis & finals. Not to mention he offers not much when he does not score as he lacks dribbling, passing, creativity or playmaking skills unlike Messi. He is not a big game changer YET unlike CR7, Messi, Benzema, Mbappe, Modric etc.. He was not even the MVP of the CL, it was Rodri. Remove Haaland from City, City would still win PL, FA Cup and CL. Remove Messi from Argentina, it's over..

World Cup MVP
WC No.1 G+A
IFFHS World's Best Playmaker
FIFA Best
Europe best dribbler (along with Vinicius)
Europe most assists (along with KDB)
Ligue 1 most assists
Ligue 1 most MOTM (more than Mbappe)
39 G+A in Ligue 1+CL in 40 games (45 G+A in 43 games by Mbappe, same as Mbappe)
68 G+A overall

Last edited:
Messi will easily get this.. This is an individual award, what matters is first the individual performance and then at least one trophy. Haaland ghosted in all key games, was bailed out by his teammates in 7 semis & finals. Not to mention he offers not much when he does not score as he lacks dribbling, passing, creativity or playmaking skills unlike Messi. He is not a big game changer YET unlike CR7, Messi, Benzema, Mbappe, Modric etc.. He was not even the MVP of the CL, it was Rodri. Remove Haaland from City, City would still win PL, FA Cup and CL. Remove Messi from Argentina, it's over..

World Cup MVP
WC No.1 G+A
IFFHS World's Best Playmaker
FIFA Best
Europe best dribbler (along with Vinicius)
Europe most assists (along with KDB)
Ligue 1 most assists
Ligue 1 most MOTM (more than Mbappe)
39 G+A in Ligue 1+CL in 40 games (45 G+A in 43 games by Mbappe, same as Mbappe)
68 G+A overall
‘CR7’

IMG_0312.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.