Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

He got it because of the romance behind the story of him winning the World Cup. We all know it, and I've said it several times. He didn't deserve it. But he played very well in the World Cup, if it was easy to win England might have managed it by now and you can only beat who is in front of you. He was definitely one of the best players in the tournament. And he managed to score two penalties in the final, as well as another in the shootout. That might sound simple but Kane struggled!
England's perfomances are a different debate. We will never win anything with Southgate as Manager! I think Messi is the greatest of all time but did not deserve this year's award. The World Cup was just three weeks in 12 months.

England's perfomances are a different debate. We will never win anything with Southgate as Manager! I think Messi is the greatest of all time but did not deserve this year's award. The World Cup was just three weeks in 12 months.

Completely agree mate, and he won the Golden Ball for the best player...as well as the World Cup so he didn't need further plaudits. But it is what it is, and I'm sure Haaland is happy enough with what he did win.

Better on the Inside

Manchester City won the `Club of the Year` Award for the second successive year.
Five City players featured in the top 9 of the Ballon d`Or.
The individual award should have gone to Haaland for impact, freshness and a record breaking season at the very top of football. That is largely understood save for those with vested interests and a desire for nostalgia.
Ederson came second to Martinez.

The Ballon d`Or is contrived, like the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. Back slapping and shoulder rubbing characterised by one in particular greasing and grubbing for his knighthood. All this said, it is better to be on the inside pissing out than the outside trying to piss in.

City`s profile and standing in football is now at its highest level. It was enhanced at last night`s awards. Watching every one of Haaland`s goals yesterday evening shown on one the biggest of stages and broadcast around Europe, was a joy. Erling`s interview was excellent. Ferran Soriano, Bernardo and Rodri all had their deserved moments to speak. World Cup Winner, Álvarez, got good coverage sat with Messi. All City`s contingent who were present and those not in attendance can be proud of their achievements.

City has left its mark - The Treble Winners and Club of the Year.

Now lets go on to win the Club World Cup in December. No club from England has ever achieved such a feat in a calendar year.

Lets look forward to those historic photos with FIVE TROPHIES.

Not really fussed, to be honest. Messi is the greatest of his generation and it's fair enough for him to be way out on his own at the front of the pack. Haaland's time will come again. I'm still just struggling to get my head around the fact that City have five players in the top 10 and that we've won Team of the Year twice in a row. When I was a kid I thought things like the Champions League, Ballon d'Or debates, World XIs, etc. were beyond our reach. The fact that we've got players in the conversation for these prestigious awards is too amazing for me to care who actually wins the thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.