Balotelli (continued)

According to Berlusconi...

"Balotelli is a rotten apple can infect all the dressing rooms. Including that of Milan."

@dimarziotweet: Berlusconi: “Balotelli mela marcia. Pato torna tra un anno e mezzo, sogno Guardiola” <a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/vpmzqUHc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/vpmzqUHc</a>

BlueMoonoverUS said:

"Balotelli is a rotten apple can infect all the dressing rooms. Including that of Milan."

@dimarziotweet: Berlusconi: “Balotelli mela marcia. Pato torna tra un anno e mezzo, sogno Guardiola” <a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/vpmzqUHc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/vpmzqUHc</a>

berlushittoni fears for bunga bunga competition

Rascal said:
In my opinion he should be given the extra understanding Mancini gives him.

I have posted this before many times, he is a young man with so much ability it would be a nonsense to sell him as he could become a great.

He doesnt do it now, he makes mistakes, but how mant of you were grown up at 22 .....ask yourself that. Just because you are a footballer it does not automatically grow you up and the money is irrelevant. Its about maturity and growing up.

I didnt grow up until i was in my late 30s im still not sure ive grown up now, so all you very mature grown ups ask yourself what were you like at 22?

Plenty of people don't get sorted until their mid thirties, but on the face of it that is hardly a reason to keep the faith, is it?!

I think Balo's problems are, ummm, 'long-standing'.

Unlike most people in that situation, he is under the spotlight, which doesn't make things easier.

Unlike most people in that situation, he has already been given total stability, a clear direction, and all the resources he could ever need to sort himself out.

It really is down to him - and it's not like he hasn't been told (repeatedly) what he needs to do to change.

As a long standing fan of his, I'm starting to get worried, tbh. This does feel like maybe the last opportunity we should give him. Glad he played last night.

BlueMoonoverUS said:

I see he's on his usual charm offensive.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:

I see he's on his usual charm offensive.
It's part of the great man

truebluetoronto said:
I have observed on Bluemoon and on MEN that folks who criticize Mario Baloteli get slapped down as a Balo haters. These are not logical responses, as many true blues would love to see him succeed here, but are increasingly frustrated by his waste of natural talent & ability. Here's my two cents worth based on observations:

Balo has some natural talents and potential, which are occasionally displayed, but which are frustratingly frequently missing from his game. Maybe playing at Platt Lane is about his mark.

Balo plays more for himself than for his club, and as its a team game that means that he would be very frustrating to play with. Why can't he play for City like he played for Italy in the Euros? Maybe a swift retuen to Italy in this transfer window would be in everybody's best interests (even if that means taking a loss on his fee).

Balo has let the hype of "SuperMario" and let the big money and early success go to his head, so he finds it OK to show his frustrations by mouthing off at officials and by lashing out at opponents and sometimes team-mates. He is so predictably easy to wind-up that opponents will always try it, and his reputation means that refs are watching him closely. No one to blame but himself.

Balo has let his perceived status as a "favoured son" go to his head, and he has abused his position with Roberto, who now needs to show some "tough love", or it will all end in tears. Arrivederci.

Very very good post. Sums up his hopefully short stay perfectly.

truebluetoronto said:
I have observed on Bluemoon and on MEN that folks who criticize Mario Baloteli get slapped down as a Balo haters. These are not logical responses, as many true blues would love to see him succeed here, but are increasingly frustrated by his waste of natural talent & ability. Here's my two cents worth based on observations:

Balo has some natural talents and potential, which are occasionally displayed, but which are frustratingly frequently missing from his game. Maybe playing at Platt Lane is about his mark.

Balo plays more for himself than for his club, and as its a team game that means that he would be very frustrating to play with. Why can't he play for City like he played for Italy in the Euros? Maybe a swift retuen to Italy in this transfer window would be in everybody's best interests (even if that means taking a loss on his fee).

Balo has let the hype of "SuperMario" and let the big money and early success go to his head, so he finds it OK to show his frustrations by mouthing off at officials and by lashing out at opponents and sometimes team-mates. He is so predictably easy to wind-up that opponents will always try it, and his reputation means that refs are watching him closely. No one to blame but himself.

Balo has let his perceived status as a "favoured son" go to his head, and he has abused his position with Roberto, who now needs to show some "tough love", or it will all end in tears. Arrivederci.

Partly because on the rare occasions that he plays as a central striker for City (as opposed to a wide forward) he doesn't have Andrea Pirlo pinging perfectly weighted 50 yard passes into his path as he runs off the shoulder of the last defender.

lancs blue said:
truebluetoronto said:

Partly because on the rare occasions that he plays as a central striker for City (as opposed to a wide forward) he doesn't have Andrea Pirlo pinging perfectly weighted 50 yard passes into his path as he runs off the shoulder of the last defender.

forget pirlo... no city player has the lob qualities of even riccardo montolivo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.