Balotelli (continued)

jma said:
coleridge said:
All very well but the game's a global business and not a noble art. And you're still talking about him. Showbiz or what?

I am a fan of this football club. Not an investor.

I strongly disagree that Manchester City's fanbase has become the first in history not to judge on what happens on the pitch but on column inches generated and merchandise sold.

Other than threads like this on here, I see no evidence for it whatsoever. If it were to happen I would soon stop attending. But it hasn't and it won't.

Also, anyone with a decent command of language and a basic knowledge of commerce could easily make a business argument at least the equal of 'Balotelli is good for business' that says 'Balotelli's (and any player's) commercial value is virtually insignificant to a club in the commercial situation that City are in' (and by that I don't mean 'we are loaded, who cares').

But again, I'll repeat I am not interested in judging him on that and no fanbase in the history of football has been either.

Fair enough, your opinion. But are you saying that ADUG have no 'basics'? Mario is insignificant? Mmm...

coleridge said:
jma said:
coleridge said:
All very well but the game's a global business and not a noble art. And you're still talking about him. Showbiz or what?

I am a fan of this football club. Not an investor.

I strongly disagree that Manchester City's fanbase has become the first in history not to judge on what happens on the pitch but on column inches generated and merchandise sold.

Other than threads like this on here, I see no evidence for it whatsoever. If it were to happen I would soon stop attending. But it hasn't and it won't.

Also, anyone with a decent command of language and a basic knowledge of commerce could easily make a business argument at least the equal of 'Balotelli is good for business' that says 'Balotelli's (and any player's) commercial value is virtually insignificant to a club in the commercial situation that City are in' (and by that I don't mean 'we are loaded, who cares').

But again, I'll repeat I am not interested in judging him on that and no fanbase in the history of football has been either.

Fair enough, your opinion. But are you saying that ADUG have no 'basics'? Mario is insignificant? Mmm...

In long term commercial terms? In relation to whether or not this club will be in a very healthy commercial situation in 5/10/15 years time? My answer would be yes, totally irrelevant. Regardless of what Mancini spouts about the owners' attitude. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that they interfere or try to influence regarding the selection of recruitment choices made by the manager (I mean Abramovich style, not cutting the spending in the summer). So I see no tangible evidence for or against the owners being particularly impressed (or not) by the commercial importance of Balotelli.

But, again, I am not interested in that. I am interested in him doing the job he is paid to do in a professional and committed matter that matches the professionalism and commitment exhibited by 99% of other players. Him being in a select group of one whose commitment, training, willingness and attitude has been absolutely slated in such terms , leads me to believe that he isn't.

And his performances don't suggest that he deserves special allowances or will deliver on matchdays regardless.

Cavani is dreaming of teaming up with the flamboyant attacker in Naples, even though his agent Mino Raiola has all but ruled out a return to Italy this winter.

"Nobody has the right to judge someone else. We all make mistakes. He's a great player in my opinion and I would love to play alongside him," Cavani told Tg1.

"Balotelli is a champion and has already shown what he can do. He has the quality to make people very happy."

Manchester City as a football club is a developing one... so is its fans... the fans get educated as a club develops... or the fans should get educated in parallel with the club's development... city having been in the lower half of table for most part of the last 2 decades and even in the lower tiers of English football,i believe most of its loyal fans have lost a bit of footballing sensibility especially when it comes to world football,no offence... some of the talks here are utter rubbish tbh... leave all that stuff,let me come to the topic here...

if I was a balotelli fan boy myself,i would surely have wanted him to move on from this club and join some serie a side,because he would be much better settled and even his private life would be better... as he clearly has the talent,he would have a better chance of becoming a better player in Italy than in England... also,i believe mancini has been overcritical on him and I don't think he has been treated with any fairness by mancini... he hasn't managed him well and he has been unfair to him,which is an opinion opposite to most have here... I hope mancini changes his attitude a bit... he is emotionally attached and I understand it... but its not helping Mario... prandelli says 'I simply don't have much time for Mario... I talk to him only when its necessary'... maybe Mario doesn't need this over talking...
anyways,i believe he is a very talented player and he surely can become the best striker in the world... he is even better than aguero... Mario reminds me of the old Ronaldo and batistuta... not many have the talent to be matched with those greats... Mario has it and dzeko will never have it and that's the simple truth... dzeko may have scored more goals or whatever that goal ratio stat is... but that doesn't make him a better player than Mario... but,having talent is one thing and being yourself a great player is another...

albindgreat said:
Manchester City as a football club is a developing one... so is its fans... the fans get educated as a club develops... or the fans should get educated in parallel with the club's development... city having been in the lower half of table for most part of the last 2 decades and even in the lower tiers of English football,i believe most of its loyal fans have lost a bit of footballing sensibility especially when it comes to world football,no offence... some of the talks here are utter rubbish tbh... leave all that stuff,let me come to the topic here...

If I was a balotelli fan boy myself i would surely have wanted him to move on from this club and join some serie a side,because he would be much better settled and even his private life would be better... as he clearly has the talent,he would have a better chance of becoming a better player in Italy than in England... also,i believe mancini has been overcritical on him and I don't think he has been treated with any fairness by mancini... he hasn't managed him well and he has been unfair to him,which is an opinion opposite to most have here... I hope mancini changes his attitude a bit... he is emotionally attached and I understand it... but its not helping Mario... prandelli says 'I simply don't have much time for Mario... I talk to him only when its necessary'... maybe Mario doesn't need this over talking...
anyways,i believe he is a very talented player and he surely can become the best striker in the world... he is even better than aguero... Mario reminds me of the old Ronaldo and batistuta... not many have the talent to be matched with those greats... Mario has it and dzeko will never have it and that's the simple truth... dzeko may have scored more goals or whatever that goal ratio stat is... but that doesn't make him a better player than Mario... but,having talent is one thing and being yourself a great player is another...

If I was a Balotelli fan-boy I would write a post just like this.

albindgreat said:

if I was a balotelli fan boy myself,i would surely have wanted him to move on from this club and join some serie a side,because he would be much better settled and even his private life would be better... as he clearly has the talent,he would have a better chance of becoming a better player in Italy than in England... also,i believe mancini has been overcritical on him and I don't think he has been treated with any fairness by mancini... he hasn't managed him well and he has been unfair to him,which is an opinion opposite to most have here... I hope mancini changes his attitude a bit... he is emotionally attached and I understand it... but its not helping Mario... prandelli says 'I simply don't have much time for Mario... I talk to him only when its necessary'... maybe Mario doesn't need this over talking...
Top post fully agree

I feel really really sorry for Balotelli, he gets pulled for every single thing he does, whether It's getting fuel from a pump to parking on double yellows (both are none stories in my opinion), but because It's him it gets made in to a big deal (how many press made a big deal out of Persie parking in a disabled space a while ago ?), that to me is far worse than what Balotelli has done. Then you have his manager (who I think is a very good one), pulling him to pieces in the press, it can't do the boy any good at all, because he needs support not public vilification. We then move on to the training ground, where again through the boss he gets unwanted and unnecessary publicity, as It's Mancini who loses it not him, now I'm a qualified coach myself, and know the boundaries that Mancini should adhere to in this situation, and it should get sorted behind closed doors or taken to one side for a quiet word, not a fight for all to see. Now on to the pitch, he doesn't get much game time, but when he does, then It's always him that gets the shepherds crook (whether he is playing well, indifferent or bad), again his confidence must be shot to pieces. I can see why he is like he is, as he is never out of the spotlight, admittedly part his own doing but a lot of it not, and by my guess the behavior we see is just born out of sheer frustration. The media need to give him a break, Mancini needs to back him (not say one thing one day and something different the next) and not show him up in training or on match days, Balotelli needs to learn how to relax and think before doing, then show the world what a player he could be and has shown in flashes in the past and we as fans need to think about how he gets treated from the media and manager, and think would we like it and how would we feel. It's an all round package, not just falling on one players shoulders.

The paps have always loved to dis-credit a famous figure. whether that be in football or any other walk of life.

They have the power to transform public opinion on what ever subject they wish. They will build you up into this fantastic person one day, waiting for the opportunity to only take that away and destroy you the next.

Mario is scrutinised both on the pitch and off the pitch. The press are constantly looking for the next round of critiscism that can be off-loaded his way.

What mario needs to do now is concentrate on upping his displays. IMO he could be a pivotal figure for us, but he needs to cut-out the broodyness and enjoy playing.

I can never understand a player (especially a forward) who does not celebrate scoring a goal. To only put your head down and walk away does not seem right and in my eyes shows that you do not seem totally happy.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
The paps have always loved to dis-credit a famous figure. whether that be in football or any other walk of life.

They have the power to transform public opinion on what ever subject they wish. They will build you up into this fantastic person one day, waiting for the opportunity to only take that away and destroy you the next.

Mario is scrutinised both on the pitch and off the pitch. The press are constantly looking for the next round of critiscism that can be off-loaded his way.

What mario needs to do now is concentrate on upping his displays. IMO he could be a pivotal figure for us, but he needs to cut-out the broodyness and enjoy playing.

I can never understand a player (especially a forward) who does not celebrate scoring a goal. To only put your head down and walk away does not seem right and in my eyes shows that you do not seem totally happy.
He needs a chance first. And not just one, but a run of games. Sadly that wont happen. Not as sad as the football fans who want a very very talented football player to fail

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.