Balotelli - What was he thinking?

Good decision to take him off.

Maybe he never does this again in serious league matches. I hope so at least he will learn from it.

The headlines will be about this tomorrow. :(

he thought it was offside. thats what he was thinking. and now this whole debacle between him and Mancini because of this confusion. what a stupid fucking nonevent being blown up WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. fuck this pisses me off. MORE FUEL TO THE NON EXISTENT FIRE

Mario hasn't deserved a lot of flack but deserves whatever he gets for this.

The "it's just a friendly" comments-

Watch not just the reaction of the manager but players like Dzeko. Outrage and disgust! Their reactions and no one else's should tell you how acceptable Balotelli's idiocy was in the context of today's game.

Well done Mancini for taking him off but again the headlines are written despite the result today.

jpargo said:
I think he really thought he heard a whistle for offsides. If you recall earlier Richards was offside and when he shot the crowd booed him. Knowing how he likes to get rise out of people I think he did that to get reaction from the crowd.

Irregardless I think Mancini handled this wrongly. He turned small incident into something major. No excuses about Mario behaviour once he was subbed but Mancini has to pick his battles. He could have easily handled this at half-time.

Theese

Christ here we go again and the season aint started, lets slag off and crucify every city player who makes a cock up. If he had scored what would you be saying about it then, If it had been Torres or Rooney and it had gone in it would be the greatest goal of all time.

talkativesprout said:
jpargo said:
I think he really thought he heard a whistle for offsides. If you recall earlier Richards was offside and when he shot the crowd booed him. Knowing how he likes to get rise out of people I think he did that to get reaction from the crowd.

Irregardless I think Mancini handled this wrongly. He turned small incident into something major. No excuses about Mario behaviour once he was subbed but Mancini has to pick his battles. He could have easily handled this at half-time.

Theese

Only theese.

noely said:
i reckon mancini handled it wrong should have waited till half time and get an explanation out of mario at least then haul him off if still not happen
he has blown a minor incident into a potential media circus now

this. the ESPN half time show is only talking about this event. the goal was shown for 10 seconds, and now they just said "mario was showing disrespect to galaxy, to mls soccer, to america, to the world, to the universe" Direct quote. Jesus christ!

jpargo said:

I thought he was show-boating at first but you could be right on both counts.

I love Mario, think he's the best penalty taker I've seen at his age (and he could well be one of the best of any) and admire his talent.

No matter what happened, I'm sure as he and Manciti speak the same lingo they'll figure things out - I've no worries about that.

Overall I was pretty impressed with that first half, and we're looking good for pre-season. I hope this is an omen for our game on August 7...

;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.