Band on the wall

Maccblue

Went today to support the food bank etc and well done to all involved
I applaud your great effort

However if it wasn’t for 450 blues being there today it would have been closed

So why take the piss with prices of beer ?
5 pints was pushing £30

Stuck it for the first half then left on principle and went elsewhere for the second half and spent our money

£4 a pint I’d had stayed for longer

Just took the piss

No need

Last edited:
Went today to support the food bank etc and we’ll done to all involved
I applaud you great effort

However if it wasn’t for 450 blues being there today it would have been closed

So why take the piss with prices of beer ?
5 pints was pushing £30

Stuck it for the first half then left on principle the went elsewhere for the second half and spent our money elsewhere

£4 a pint I’d had stayed for longer

Just took the piss

No need
To be fair that would be about what they would charge normally. A £4 pint in town is a rarity barring spoons and maybe a Sam Smith house. Maybe 1894 should have negotiated a pound off every pint went to the food bank to make it more palatable.

To be fair that would be about what they would charge normally. A £4 pint in town is a rarity barring spoons and maybe a Sam Smith house. Maybe 1894 should have negotiated a pound off every pint went to the food bank to make it more palatable.
Apparently they did initially
As I said normally they would have been shut
So why take the piss
It was cheaper in the tib street tavern with a seat and beer in a glass

Apparently they did initially
As I said normally they would have been shut
So why take the piss
It was cheaper in the tib street tavern with a seat and beer in a glass
I get your point, just maybe £4 is asking a bit much.

What was the atmosphere like before you left? I toyed with going but the missus said apparently i was out of order missing my daughters 7th birthday, she was probably right.

£2.50 a pint of Boddies in my local, The Nelson near Ashton Golf Club, also less than £3 in The Astley, Stalybridge where we run our Supporters bus from, shows the margins in those taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.