Banking scam

DrBlueBob

In the study at Herr Doktor Blau's Schloss
Team supported
Need you ask?
Just got alerted to the latest and v sophisticated scam. Usual stuff saying a payment hasn't been taken and to click the link

As soon as you click it your money is gone, they already have all your bank details.

Apparently the banks are inundated with thousands of pounds pouring out of accounts.

Stay vigilant Blues and don't click any links.

I thought this worthy of it's own thread due to the severity but Mods do your thing if it's better elsewhere.

Just got alerted to the latest and v sophisticated scam. Usual stuff saying a payment hasn't been taken and to click the link

As soon as you click it your money is gone, they already have all your bank details.

Apparently the banks are inundated with thousands of pounds pouring out of accounts.

I thought this worthy of it's own thread due to the severity but Mods do your thing if it's better elsewhere.
Are these supposedly coming from banks or from other traders? Any banks in particular?

I tried to order something online the other day on my credit card ,it said declined ,i thought i had put the wrong card number so i put it in again, immediate text from my bank saying someone is commiting fraud on your card , short story , the bank sorted it and i didnt lose any money , apparantly the site was american and not uk which it appeared to be, would have been three hundred quid , phew

I tried to order something online the other day on my credit card ,it said declined ,i thought i had put the wrong card number so i put it in again, immediate text from my bank saying someone is commiting fraud on your card , short story , the bank sorted it and i didnt lose any money , apparantly the site was american and not uk which it appeared to be, would have been three hundred quid , phew

Worth checking if it is a legitimate site if it is unfamiliar before you get to the transaction Kaz.

Can always see if the same products are listed some where safer.

Paypal is often simpler and safer or check out revolut. Single use card numbers to protect and against scams.

Worth checking if it is a legitimate site if it is unfamiliar before you get to the transaction Kaz.

Can always see if the same products are listed some where safer.

Paypal is often simpler and safer or check out revolut. Single use card numbers to protect and against scams.
Yeah i use paypal a lot , this had the padlock at the top so appeared safe , lesson learned

Sorry mate, I don't know any more than I posted. I just got a message from my niece who had seen it somewhere. I think the moral is don't click any links just in case.
There are a lot of scams around and that's good advice not to click any links, but I've had so many messages from people telling me about x, y & z that they've seen on Facebook, which if you take a minute to investigate, are fake and scaremongering.

There are a lot of scams around and that's good advice not to click any links, but I've had so many messages from people telling me about x, y & z that they've seen on Facebook, which if you take a minute to investigate, are fake and scaremongering.
Worth noting. I'll send you a link about that PB. Just click it and it will give you all the details.

Bearing in mind a lot of banks use OTP’s with text message data I don’t see how clicking on a link could empty a bank account. I use Santander for my Business and Nationwide for personal use, there’s multi layers of security especially when paying someone or a new company for the first time.

I’m not dismissing your advice but I’m intrigued to know how this could possibly happen.

Bearing in mind a lot of banks use OTP’s with text message data I don’t see how clicking on a link could empty a bank account. I use Santander for my Business and Nationwide for personal use, there’s multi layers of security especially when paying someone or a new company for the first time.

I’m not dismissing your advice but I’m intrigued to know how this could possibly happen.
I have no idea. As @Prestwich_Blue suggested, it could be nonsense but for the sake of not clicking a link I would think it worth being wary. Click in haste and repent at leisure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.