Barcalona Travel Help Needed Please

mcfc1894

Not really good at the whole finding cheap flights on line so was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best airport to go from and also what site to use to try and book some flights, i have tried cheapflights .co.uk but cant find anything that suits me. also is there any companys doing a special service for city fans, as i will be on my own and being 20 i dont really fancy traveling without a few other blues to help me on my way. many thanks

mcfc1894 said:
Not really good at the whole finding cheap flights on line so was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best airport to go from and also what site to use to try and book some flights, i have tried cheapflights .co.uk but cant find anything that suits me. also is there any companys doing a special service for city fans, as i will be on my own and being 20 i dont really fancy traveling without a few other blues to help me on my way. many thanks

I flew from Gatwick with Easyjet... arrived on the 2nd of August and fly back on the 20th. Cost me about £180 I think (inc taxes, baggage and travel insurance).

Some places fly into to Girona I think which means you have to get a train or bus... if you don't speak spanish it might be easier to get a direct flight.

Once you get to Barca airport follow the directions for the Ferrocaril (railway) and then get off at Sants station. From there you can get the Metro to anywhere in Barcelona.

You can go from Liverpool with ryanair. This gets you to Girona which is about an hour away from Barca. As you come out of arrivals though there is a terravision desk selling coach tickets to Barca for about 15euro return. the coaches run to coincide with flights. Dead simple. I think Ryanair themselves do a coach from the airport to Barca as well.

Thomas Cook are advertising a day trip at 275 which is a bit expensive but well run. Includes match ticket and usually includes transfers to the centre and then up to the ground.

I suspect that with less than 2 weeks to the game all the budget airline prices will have been snapped up unless you want to spend more than a couple of days there.

thanks for your replies, i will have a look at ryanair now. i have a match ticket already so cant go on the thomas cook thing i dont think.

Try lastminute.com. There's 4 of us doing a Tuesday to Thursday City break with 4 star hotel, fly fom Heathrow choice of flight times its cost us £190 per person includes 2 nights accomadation.

Kippaxhouse said:
Try lastminute.com. There's 4 of us doing a Tuesday to Thursday City break with 4 star hotel, fly fom Heathrow choice of flight times its cost us £190 per person includes 2 nights accomadation.

That's a bloody good deal - I'd go for that OP if you can do those days... will also give you a chance to see the city. Sagrada Familia for starters is absolutely amazing...

Cambridgeblue said:
Kippaxhouse said:

That's a bloody good deal - I'd go for that OP if you can do those days... will also give you a chance to see the city. Sagrada Familia for starters is absolutely amazing...

Got a simular deal flying from Dublin to Bristol then onto Barcelona (Ryanair and Easyjet) then a direct flight back to Dublin (Aer Lingus) with a 4* hotel for 2 of us €210 each.

If you on your own pop down to Barceleneto Beach Wed afternoon hundreds of City Fans are meeting up for a Drink & a laugh & it not far from the center can get a metro / taxi/ walk or even swim it .Have a good un

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.