Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a three shit day so far. Normally only get that on Derby Day. Hitting the pub in an hour to calm down.

gio's side step said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Stoned Rose said:
some would argue, ever

I would.

Biggest game in our history imo.

As others have said, its not even the biggest in the past 3-5 years....

Depends on how you term 'biggest'

Most significant? No

Most heightened in terms of the calibre of opposition? Yes absolutely

The Barca team which beat Utd in 2011 at Wembley were one of the best teams to have ever played the game. Regardless of them dipping slightly post-Guardiola the core of that team will be playing tonight. As a result, we are coming up against the best team we have probably ever played in terms of calibre (across the whole world of football). Bayern are excellent at this moment in time and granted weve played them twice but Barca are special purely because they have the best player in the world and as noted still have the core group which made them one of the best teams of all time.

For that reason it is more heightened and then add to the mix they are up against us, a hungry young animal playing at this level for the first time.

Genuinely mouthwatering

It's a biggy but as far as importance goes it's just another signifficant step in our clubs ascent, I hate how the "biggest game in our history" headlines are always dusted off for these games,in 2 weeks time it'll be out again and then possibly again twice in April and every decisive game in any of the FOUR COMPETITIONS we are in.
It's lazy journalism but I really don't give a shite as long as it doesn't affect our squads performances on the pitch and I doubt it would, I still cannot believe where we are and I intend to enjoy every game as much as possible without taking any result as a given and will forever be firmly grounded when it comes to my blues.
Can't wait for this game though, COME ON CITY!!

Our mental approach is key tonight we cannot allow ourselves to feel inferior to Barca all the hype about how good they are and how we're gonna get hammered IT'S BOLLOX they are very beatable but we have to match their workrate and tidy up our careless squandering of possession in Midfield the return of Fern should help us in that respect, what Barca are very good at tho is bossing possession they wear teams down making them chase the ball so we have to keep tight on their main playmakers deny them space and time on the ball if we can disrupt their rhythm we can win this because their defence is not the best and will never have an examination like our creative players will give to them nasri,Silva,Navas,Toure don't worry with that array of talent descending on their goal they've plenty of problems of their own, I'm feeling mega confident why shouldn't I we are an awesome side ourselves they know that too bullshit aside they know they're in a game tonight BRING EM ON !

I hope people don't start sitting back and applauding them if they get on top. Clapping their players off when substituted and at full time as some did against Bayern is self defeating. Support OUR team until both legs are over!

Kevin Horlock has just tweeted: "Enjoy the game tonight Blues You lot deserve it more than anyone !!"

he also put #youweretherewhenwewereshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.