BBC 2 - Alan Sugar on football

Surprising there was no investigation into City's spending and Sugar making an example of us as big spenders as he is a spud. Decent programme though.

yes i thought that it was interesting, but was surprised on why they didnt do anything on us as like you say we are the biggest spenders really, but we are not in dept like they are who play at the swamp

jay-lofty said:
Surprising there was no investigation into City's spending and Sugar making an example of us as big spenders as he is a spud. Decent programme though.
full frontal assault would have been excessive and the bbc wouldve had to field a phone call or two. i cant see why all the city footage would have come from derbies weve lost, tho. if you see what i mean? that was an interesting facet of the program production, for sure. anyway, i'd be pleased to conduct alan sugar around the las vegas thread, see what he makes of that.

jay-lofty said:

The only clubs he focused on were Liverpool and United - bought with borrowed money and faced mass debts as a result, and West Ham and Portsmouth who ended up in dire financial straits due to foreign ownership.

Those things don't really apply to City and that's probably why we didn't get mentioned. Who knows though, if ADUG hadn't bought us then we could have ended up on there with a report on all Thaksin's problems.

Hate sugar with a passion and take every op to slate
the dick on twitter. A chancer of the 1st degree and a
loathsome individual.

yeah i cant help but think that he was promoting brand sugar, i mean when he was at spurs ne never once dipped into his amstrad money to help buy a player did he...plus what did he tell us that we didn t already know, a bit like jamie oliver telling us about school meals it was something we already knew, but hey jamies profile went up

His ideas sounded a bit over simplified to me. He barks and growls and speaks like he can fix everything but reducing the wages of players was all he really came up with. Not how this can be done or a plan to do it.

Laughed when he interviewed Whelan and gave him credit for helping out the club then he goes on to complain about the way the clubs are run.

Whelan - blown 100 million...and fuck all to show for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.