BBC 5ive Live

bluecityste

Program starting in a minute about clubs legalising touting of tickets......expect a focus on us no doubt with our links to viagogo - why don't the club just organise this inhouse to avoid accusations of profiteering and potential abuses of the system? The software would not need to be over complicated as just an extension of the ticket sales software that the club employ already.

Adam, the lad who runs the twitter ticket exchange is apparently going to be on.

A nice read about Viagogo recent legal troubles

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insights/details/ticket-resale-website-must-disclose-identity-of-anonymous-sellers-2012-11-23.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insig ... 11-23.html</a><br /><br />-- Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 pm --<br /><br />
alberto0292 said:
A nice read about Viagogo recent legal troubles

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insights/details/ticket-resale-website-must-disclose-identity-of-anonymous-sellers-2012-11-23.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insig ... 11-23.html</a>

The Rugby Football Union v Consolidated Information Services Limited (formerly Viagogo)

Looking forwards to hearing from him then!

The fan rep just then had the same opinion as me on this, why on earth can't we as a club run our own system?!

I don't think that anyone would moan about paying, say, £10 extra (split between the club and the season ticket holder) to cover costs but anything more than this (Viagogo make a shedload) is immoral and it is very disappointing that the club are involved directly in this by giving them an allocation directly for each game.

For life of me I cannot understand why the club don't set up a part of the site on the ticket site where fans can sell tickets. Add £5 or so to a ticket to cover admin, postage. I'd also make tickets only accessible to members of the club (blues).

By bringing in a third party they are looking to make money and that is by raping us fans. We should make the same facility but not-for-profit.

They are sponsor they pay for the privilege.. I don't agree with it though but that's football and business.. ;-/

The problem is not the club allowing people to sell tickets on viagogo..

The REAL problem is Viagogo & Clubs together not allowing people to see who is selling tickets, this happens also for music concerts and everything in Viagogo.. A buyer doesn't know who is selling the ticket.. simply the club (or for example a music gig promoter) dont put on normal sale a couple of hundreds tickets and they put them on viagogo = MORE PROFIT

alberto0292 said:
The problem is not the club allowing people to sell tickets on viagogo..

The REAL problem is Viagogo & Clubs together not allowing people to see who is selling tickets, this happens also for music concerts and everything in Viagogo.. A buyer doesn't know who is selling the ticket.. simply the club (or for example a music gig promoter) dont put on normal sale a couple of hundreds tickets and they put them on viagogo = MORE PROFIT

and I am pretty sure all clubs do that, they allocate a number of tickets to Viagogo instead of normal ticket office in order to make more profits out of an hot ticket (ex. derby)

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's just so shabby by the club, along with the Platinum scheme. They don't need to do this sort of thing. It's the sort of thing even Swales would have thought twice about.

Personally cannot see why its shabby its a business decision I think your argument fails on two points

there was a pretty big demand for a ticket exchange

its working for the sellers and a bit like all those people who voted Maggie in but never let on I suspect a bit of hypocrisy and embarrassment many on Viargagogo are ex blue moaners who are getting an extra twenty quid or so guaranteed for a ticket they might have put on here in the past

would be curious to know how much its effected ticket trade on here seems to be less available

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.