BBC4 tonight a must watch for Manc Music lovers

Duphrates said:
and Barney hardly did himself any favours.

Barney is bobbins at singing - but a good frontman nevertheless

Incidentally, can anybody remember Rob Gretton drinking in The Gardeners before games at Maine Road??

ctidcarl said:
I'm not so sure, however I'll admit I'm not a massive New Order fan. He's definitely got a great ear for a melody without question, but his vocals with New Order and Electronic kind of ruin the tunes for me.
Saying that, the same could be said of a lot songwriters. Just not my cup of tea on this occasion.

Duphrates said:
tueartsboots said:
Fuck right off. Oasis, James , The Charlatons, Ian Brown, Joy Division/New Order to the fucking Ting Tings- Pleeeeeeeease

Your kids played the Ting Tings too loud for you last year.? I was just commenting on the performance. No reflection on anyone else. In fact the only other band which you mentioned that was shown with a live performance was New Order, and Barney hardly did himself any favours.

edit/ and why do the Charlatans always get included in the Manchester scene?
Haven't got kids ! My 41 year old partner loves them ! It was her that played the Ting Tings too loud ! I'm old but not crusty ! Lol

Duphrates said:
ctidcarl said:
I'm not so sure, however I'll admit I'm not a massive New Order fan. He's definitely got a great ear for a melody without question, but his vocals with New Order and Electronic kind of ruin the tunes for me.
Saying that, the same could be said of a lot songwriters. Just not my cup of tea on this occasion.

and i guess that's why we have britain's got freaks etc........

MikeF said:
and i guess that's why we have britain's got freaks etc........

Probably. Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Barney singing his songs than anyone else. That's how it should be. Just a lot of front men make up for lack of voice by presence. Barney hasn't even got that!
Personal opinion though! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.