BBC's Panorama set to ruin Englands world cup 2018 bid.

At the end od of the day we're England, that in it's self is enough for a lot of them not to give the world cup to us.

Pretty disappointed with the programme tbh. No action will come of this and the only people who will come out of it smelling of roses will be the bid team and the FA who will further inveigle themselves in the political machine of FIFA. the bid was already lost if indeed we ever had a chance. It's a cosy club, Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, the FA apparatchiks etc need I say more.

Damocles said:
People who are willing to sacrifice freedom of the press because it is inconvenient to FIFA bidding neither understand journalism nor deserve a World Cup.

JOURNALISM IS SUPPOSED TO BE INCONVENIENT, THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF IT.

For too long, people have become lazy thanks to the tabloids and their pathetic form of journalism. Finally, we get two real, serious pieces of journalism in Wikileaks and the FIFA investigation and we slaughter them for it.

If you want to know why this country is fucked, and why Middle England is fucking stupid, watch the mock outrage at these two stories.

Have to say I agee with that whole-heartedly

Damocles said:
People who are willing to sacrifice freedom of the press because it is inconvenient to FIFA bidding neither understand journalism nor deserve a World Cup.

JOURNALISM IS SUPPOSED TO BE INCONVENIENT, THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF IT.

For too long, people have become lazy thanks to the tabloids and their pathetic form of journalism. Finally, we get two real, serious pieces of journalism in Wikileaks and the FIFA investigation and we slaughter them for it.

If you want to know why this country is fucked, and why Middle England is fucking stupid, watch the mock outrage at these two stories.

The Fourth Estate

Dubai Blue said:
cleavers said:
I agree, but there's a time and a place, and 2 days before the decision wasn't it.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here Cleavers. If you're going to take a moral standpoint against corruption, you have to be in it 100% or not at all. Airing the programme after the vote would have been a completely toothless exercise as no one would have paid any attention to it. If we won the bid and then Panorama was aired, everyone would just shrug their shoulders as the corrupt bastards would have obviously failed. If we lost the bid and it was aired, it would be dismissed as sour grapes. This way, the BBC have put their cards on the table and are now daring FIFA to prove them wrong. It was exactly the right way to go about it, in my opinion of course.

Panorama hasn't cost the England bid anything whatsoever; corruption at the highest echelons of the game has. And if the mafia-like organisation charged with watching over the game seeks to collectively punish an entire nation for the actions of a single independent investigative journalist rather than at least attempt to address the root of his claims, then it is an organisation that we should want absolutely nothing to do with. Everyone who loves football should surely agree with that.

Bang on the money DB.

"Give this man a brown envelope" ;-)

We have or had a thread on this forum - FA Watch. Why were we watching them? We had opinions that the way the FA worked was from a point which excluded justice. The FA are just the national version of FIFA.

And what if we get the bid? We'll have Charlton, Brooking, Beckham and the usual shysters sitting in 24ct hospitality, swiggin' Platini's champagne, whilst folk who have spent fortunes following football for decades will have as much chance of getting a ticket for a World Cup Final as they have of flying unaided to Zurich.

And well done, Damocles, we will forever need someone to point out the turds on the pavement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.