Belief.

C_T_I_D

Not just in the UEFA Cup as you presumed this thread was about, but in general. Now I know that we have major injury problems that have arisen lately but to then write off City as getting nothing from the Emirates is a joke really and we need that winning mentality. Now you can be realistic all you want, but I'd rather be optimistic and say despite our injuries if our defence is good then we stand a good chance of getting a point given Arsenals inability to score.

I just think that with people saying things along the lines of 'we can beat anyone in this UEFA Cup last 8 now and could go all the way' then why can the same squad of players not reach that 7th place and ensure that we're playing in Europe next season? I'm not saying success is imminent, it will take time, but we need to get rid of this small time mentality and we need to move with the times and start looking upwards rather than downwards.

Hamburg will be an hard team to beat but they are without Kompany and De Jong and they'll give us the goss on who to watch out for and how they play on top of the videos that Hughes will play so we stand a good chance against them. The rags, to their credit, have got the mentality that if they lose one game then they'll just win the next one and I wish that was us having the same attitude.

We're not far off, so many of us can see it, it's a squad that doesn't need major surgery in the summer. I'm not buying into all this superstar gossip and all that jazz, I want a team rather than a group of induviduals constructed from a fantasy football website and that's what that Everton fan on another thread was saying.

A player being out injured is another youngster / someone out in the colds chance to make their mark ala Elano in place of Ireland, ala Bojinov in place of Bellamy and so on. I don't care what anyone says if we have Bojinov, Elano, SWP all fit then we've got a chance given our defence and Zabaleta and Kompany in front of them.

So lets believe, lets be positive and lets cheer them all the way to Istanbul. CTID.

excellent post i second that. ive got a really good feeling about arsenal i think we will take them to the wire a very close 1-1 draw for me .

Key to success for the rest of the season is keeping players fit.......losing the likes of ireland (possibly) robinho (possibly), bellamy (likely) swp(been carrying injuries since the utd game at home) will badly afffect our chances.......the players coming back will have an impact but not as big as we would hope for as they will take time to get upto speed (esp jonno and petrov)....the likes of benjani being fit again will have limited impact as lets face facts he doesnt have that much impact when he is on the pitch 99% of the time.

i think ew will being doing very well to et passed hamburg at this stage in out european development......think they may just edge us out.

and our away form may stop us getting that 7th spot unfortunately

hope im wrong though and with a little bit of luck you just never know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.