Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

I can say in the eleven years since my post you’ve quoted… I’ve changed my tune! I like our statues.
Yeah, I've counted the statues on the roof of the Vatican, including the one where it's giving the rags a two fingered salute and we need to bolster our 'histree'! Along with the Trautmann, Ewing 'n Leivers statue from '56 I would like a statue of Bobby Johnstone eating a chip muffin!

Slightly of topic.

I really like the Victory Over Blindness statue by sculptorJohanna Domke-Guyot outside Piccadilly station. It looks superb.

Hopefully the Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue will be a similar standard of craftsmanship?

The statue, entitled Victory Over Blindness, depicts seven blinded First World War soldiers leading one another away from the battlefield with their hand on the shoulder of the man in front. Realised by artist and sculptor Johanna Domke-Guyot, it stands proudly outside Manchester Piccadilly station as the only permanent memorial to the injured of that conflict, and has just celebrated its first anniversary.(2019)

F5A0908B-1A78-48A6-941D-1015D76A1C40.jpeg

The 3 statues of Sergio, Kompany, Silva are excellent. My only disappointment is Sergio’s statue isn’t depicting the very moment and pose when he struck the ball to score the goal that won City the title, rather than him celebrating and waving his shirt in the air after he scored that famous goal.

9A5F6C4F-27CE-4E8F-A141-D4DA68B4CE84.jpeg

PS. Joey Barton should have got a statue of him receiving the red card. It changed the game and the destiny of the PL title.

This afternoon.

PXL-20231124-142405586-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-142414842-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-142552058-MP.jpg

The 3 statues of Sergio, Kompany, Silva are excellent. My only disappointment is Sergio’s statue isn’t depicting the very moment and pose when he struck the ball to score the goal that won City the title, rather than him celebrating and waving his shirt in the air after he scored that famous goal.

View attachment 99555

PS. Joey Barton should have got a statue of him receiving the red card. It changed the game and the destiny of the PL title.
Mike Dean should have one for not sending off Carlos Tevez, who hit Joey Barton before Joey hit him. Still waiting for VAR to pull that one back 11 years later

I walked past the three statues last night on my way to the Joie (funny how we've had no joy over there since the name change?) and it all came back again - not that it's been far away - David's pass to Edin at the Swamp, Vinnie's screamer against Leicester (how we could have done with Esme thumping one in last night like Vinnie's) and then Sergio. We need statues like we need goals, and Eddie 'n Khiara pen saves.
That pass to Edin, was there anything ever better? Peter Green playing his Gibson Les Paul guitar, Bonnie Rait singing Nick of Time, David Silva passing to Edin to kill the raggy boys. Nope, nothing better.

He is as far as I know - that's the seventh statue I was referring to.

Surely we'd have heard some noise if the statue had been moved somewhere? Personally I would prefer it put outside somewhere where more can see it - or put it in a raised area in the away concourse.

EDIT: His statue was still there two years ago, but not sure if/when the stadium renovations might impact that: https://www.mancity.com/news/club/m...urs-bert-trautmann-family-experiemce-63762211
It is still in west reception.

View attachment 99555

I think that lino needs a statue. I think Mike Dean hadn't seen Joey's shenanigans, and it was the lino's intervention that got Joey the red!

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.