Bell vs Silva

It is a shame you never see Colin being presented or thanked on the pitch for what he gave us in the sixties and seventies,although i know he is painfully shy.

It is a shame you never see Colin being presented or thanked on the pitch for what he gave us in the sixties and seventies,although i know he is painfully shy.

I might be wrong here, but I seem to think that he was on the pitch as part of the ceremony when we won the title in 2012?

I know Lee, Book, Summerbee, Noah Mercer, Bernard Halford and a few others were there. Sure Bell was amongst them

I might be wrong here, but I seem to think that he was on the pitch as part of the ceremony when we won the title in 2012?

I know Lee, Book, Summerbee, Noah Mercer, Bernard Halford and a few others were there. Sure Bell was amongst them

Yes he was there and there have been a few public recognitions for the King

Remember that Bell never reached his prime due to the rag thug Bucann Like others I can't choose so at the moment its a draw The old fela said Doherty was better than Bell

S6w9yyy.jpg
He was indeed Damo, along with Ken Mulhearn (in front of him here), Glyn Pardoe, Franny, Buzzer and Booky.

I agree Bell was more like Yaya, so its comparing apples & oranges. I was young when Bell was around and my actual most vivid live game memory of the Bell legend was actually joining in a mistaken kippax chorus of 'Colin the king' when some bloke thought it was him coming on as a substitute after his injury. It wasn't. Just showed how much hope of a return there was. (Donachie had the best hair of course).

Bell to Silva is comparing apples to pears it cannot be done. I watched Bell from 1966, what I do not think is understood is that Bell for us at the time was beyond an iconic figure to the fans . We were devoted beyond sense and passion to him, the sadness at his injury the tears at his return against newcastle underline how loved this player was.
Wish I had the gift to explain his emotional importance better to the Blues at that time.
Silva is a world class player but and its a big but he does not and never will have the emotional bond that the fans then had to the King.

Can't really compare them on a like for like basis but if you never saw The King, think Gerrard at his absolute best and then some. Bell could break up an attack on the edge of our box, play a 40 yard pinpoint pass to Neil Young then arrive in the opposition box to get on the end of the incoming cross and score.

Bell was a more complete player than Silva overall but the latter can do things Bell couldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.