Belle Vue Aces to move to Sport City very likely

This is actually a working day for me so no time to look in detail now, but does that story necessarily mean that the speedwau will move to Sportcity. Isn't the thrust that they'll move to the Grey Mare Lane sports cluster?

(As eventually will squash, tennis and the 365-day-a-year athletics training facility away from Sportcity, leaving the area around CoMS free for expansion of visitor attractions and commercial development).

you could be right Dyed.......it confused me when it mentioned Eastlands project.........

nontheless all part of the big plan funded by ADUG

No wonder the council have re-bucked fc then! City are doing the councils job of redeveloping the area, it's purely a money saving decision on their part.

kismet said:
so it could be in the future -

Watch City 3 - 5pm

Beer

walk over to see the Aces 6 - 8.30pm

Then check out who's doing a concert at the mega concert arena being considered...........

all looking good

When you put it like that ... wow.

The thought of being able to walk to see Aces on a world-class speedway track straight after a game! Brilliant stuff. Here's hoping...

The speedway club have had their sights on the hockey ground that is adjacent to where they are now, Kirkmanshulme Lane, they did publish artist impressions quite some time ago and, I believe, were in talks with the council regarding this site.

Maybe this is a different proposal to include them somewhere withing the sport city complex/area, either way it is great news for the club.

As for the suggestion by someone regarding changing their colours, can't see that happening, don't think it should either, Belle Vue Aces are the most famous speedway club in the world, although it had to happen it was a crying shame when they left Hyde Rd for the dog track.

The thing with speedway is that it's all about having a quality track, this is nigh on impossible when they are restricted to the space inside a dog track, the stadium and facilities are generally secondary for supporters of the sport, most would be happy to watch it from a grassy knoll as long as the track was capable of providing good racing.

Here's hoping they can and will be included in the plans to bring quality venues for all sports to east Manchester.

nw42 said:
The speedway club have had their sights on the hockey ground that is adjacent to where they are now, Kirkmanshulme Lane, they did publish artist impressions quite some time ago and, I believe, were in talks with the council regarding this site.

Maybe this is a different proposal to include them somewhere withing the sport city complex/area, either way it is great news for the club.

As for the suggestion by someone regarding changing their colours, can't see that happening, don't think it should either, Belle Vue Aces are the most famous speedway club in the world, although it had to happen it was a crying shame when they left Hyde Rd for the dog track.

The thing with speedway is that it's all about having a quality track, this is nigh on impossible when they are restricted to the space inside a dog track, the stadium and facilities are generally secondary for supporters of the sport, most would be happy to watch it from a grassy knoll as long as the track was capable of providing good racing.

Here's hoping they can and will be included in the plans to bring quality venues for all sports to east Manchester.
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/speedway/s/1194273_belle_vue_aces_in_talks_over_stadium_switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ium_switch</a>

frankieblu said:
nw42 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/speedway/s/1194273_belle_vue_aces_in_talks_over_stadium_switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ium_switch</a>

cheers Frankie, as far as I'm aware this is still the plan, then again I'm not privvy to anything other than news releases, there could be a change of plan.

u2fme2 said:
i for one don't want to listen to that noise
every other bloody week

Unlikely that it will disturb you much in Droylsden, certainly no more than the crowd noise from Eastlands.

nw42 said:
u2fme2 said:
i for one don't want to listen to that noise
every other bloody week

Unlikely that it will disturb you much in Droylsden, certainly no more than the crowd noise from Eastlands.
when they race at belle vue , he can hear them and thats further away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.